Are you looking for the best electric blankets which should keep you warm and comfortable? If yes, then you are in the right place. We are going to show you the best electric blankets of 2023 with features, pros and cons.
An electric blanket for winter warmth is ideal for those who sleep cold, want to minimize heating costs or want to be extra cozy at home. From romantic movie marathons on a super cozy couch to wrinkling up in bed with your new favorite book, electric blankets are a must-have for staying warm in all kinds of cold winter weather.
The main features to consider when buying for an electric blanket are fabric type, size, material and heat settings. For example, some blankets are designed for one person, while others provide two controllers, allowing you and a partner to control your heat settings independently. Other things you’ll want to consider include the number of heat settings available, whether it has an automatic shut-off or timer, and whether it’s machine washable. It’s also a good idea to choose a product with a solid warranty, as heated blankets can sometimes be fastidious.
All things considered, here are the following picks for the best electric blankets to keep you cozy and warm all winter long.
Top 10 Electric Blankets With Our Reviews : You Can Buy Today
A quality electric blanket can be your favorite comfort friend all winter long. For anyone who loves to get extraordinarily cozy in cold weather, an electric blanket is a must, whether you’re reading a book, sleeping in a cloud-like bed, or defending off cold toes while wrinkled up around the campfire. There’s nothing cozier than snuggling up in an electric blanket – especially in winter when temperatures spill.
So, get ready for the cold season ahead and check out these fantastic electric blankets that we’ve rounded up below.
|Best electric blanket||Best for||Ratings (Out of 5)||Price|
|Sunbeam Heated Fleece Blanket (Queen)||Best for overall||4.3||Check price|
|Shavel Micro Flannel Electric Blanket||Best for variety of color||4.1||Check price|
|Bedsure Twin Electric Heated Blanket||Best for couples||4.5||Check price|
|CURECURE Heated Blanket||Best for budget||4.5||Check price|
|Perfect Fit Ultra Soft Plush Electric Blanket||Best for couples||4.3||Check price|
|Westinghouse Electric Blanket||Best for Flannel||4.4||Check price|
|Hyde Lane Faux Fur Heated Throw Blanket||Best for softest||4.2||Check price|
|Soft Plush Electric Heated Blanket||Best for foot pockets||4.2||Check price|
|Beautyrest Reversible Sherpa to Fleece Electric Wrap||Best for wear||4.4||Check price|
|Degrees of Comfort Heated Blanket||Best for range of temperature||4.2||Check price|
Sunbeam is one of the best-known brands for electric blankets, and this fleece blanket is a top liking for any home. This machine-washable, additional-soft fleece blanket features a monopolistic, virtually undetectable Thermofine wiring system and provides consistent warmth on colder winter nights. Variable heat settings and convenient 10-hour auto-off will help you rest comfortably all night long.
The Sunbeam heated blanket is a good-priced, viable electric blanket. It comes in different sizes and colors to suit your needs and offers straightforward and streamlined functionality. There are 10 heat settings that range from subtle warm to extremely toasty, and its ThermoFine technology is designed to distribute warmth evenly, meaning no cold spots. It’s made from a soft polyester fleece with a channeled design that keeps cables in place and features a 10-hour auto shut-off for safety. So we can think that this blanket is the best electric blanket for winter warmth.
- Easy-to-use regulator with 5 custom heat settings and advantageous 10-hour auto-off feature.
- Dual controls on queen and king sizes for personalized comfort on every side.
- Consciousness and adjusts to deliver consistent heat.
- 100-Percent Polyester.
- Quilted channel design.
- Machine-washable and dryer-safe.
- 5-year limited warranty.
- Easy to care for.
- Backed by a 5-year warranty.
- Not very soft.
- No programmable timer.
For those who want a blanket with a timer function, the Chevel Micro Electric Blanket is the best option to keep you warm and cozy all winter long. It is one of the most famous products available in the market. It is a very safe and comfortable product that comes in perfect shape. It can easily become your own style statement for any room. The product is not only stylish and elegant but works efficiently to get rid of that winter chill.
This micro flannel electric blanket has lots of impressive features that make it stand out in 10 colorways and four sizes. King and queen sizes blanket dual controls, a 10-hour automatic shut-off, 8 heat settings, a programmable timer, and a 16-foot power cord with detachable plug. Our checkers cited the intuitive display, ease of set-up, and softness as standout features, though they disliked the silk border, which didn’t include a heating element.
Micro flannel is a long-lasting, durable fabric that is curl-resistant and anti-pilling. The blanket has two remotes, so you can enjoy complete control of your happiness. Make the most of your winters with the Micro Flannel Electric Comforter and get ready for the chilly season.
- The heated blanket heats the blanket for a maximum of 30 minutes and then lowers to your last heat setting.
- Micro flannel fabric is luxuriously limp, while offering a new level of warmth and consolation. It’s not a traditional flannel, but a new polyester blend that sets it apart from the rest. Micro flannel does not pill or shrink. Durable fabric is very difficult enough to last.
- Electric blanket controller with automatic backlight shut-off after 40 seconds, 8 heat settings, programmable timer up to 10 hours. Plus quick heat and memory functions.
- 7 layers of quilted micro flannel comfort.
- You wash and dry such blankets, and will not shrink or pill.
- Sizes are – Twin/Twin XL 62×84, Full 72×84, Queen 84×90, King/Cal King 100×90.
- Shevelle is a family owned company focused on home textiles and linens with functional beauty, evident quality, genuine value.
- 5 year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Micro Flannel is a registered trademark of Chevel Home Products.
- Perfect size and comfort.
- Machine washable and dryer safe.
- 7 layer micro flannel quality material.
- Excellent design.
- Feels luxuriously soft and warm.
- No shrinkage.
- Consistent warmth.
- Size and color variations available.
- Durability is compromised.
- No LED lighting for the on/ off button.
If you’re looking for a way to stay warm and cozy on a cold winter’s day, a twin electric blanket can make cozying up on the sofa or going to bed more comfortable. This blanket is sized for one person and measures 62 inches by 84 inches. It is little enough to take with you while traveling.
For the best experience, you’ll want to choose an electric blanket that has a soft outer covering that’s thick enough to keep you from feeling the wires inside. If you want the softest feel, look for electric blankets made with microfleece or sherpa. Twin electric blankets made of cotton or polyester can also provide a cozy feel if you’re looking for something less expensive.
When comparing your choices, you’ll want to keep the blanket’s electrical cords and controls in mind so you get something convenient to use. For example, you’ll want the cord to be long enough to plug into the area where you plan to use the blanket. You’ll also want to decide between digital and analog dials because they vary in ease of use and sound.
Also consider the heat settings of the twin electric blankets, as you’ll have several options to decide which one feels most comfortable. For your safety, you should also choose a pair of electric blankets that have an automatic shutoff option or allow you to set a timer so you don’t overheat while you sleep.
- The combination of ribbed flannel super-soft fabric with sherpa makes our heated blanket extra cozy and keeps you warm no matter how cold the weather. Thick fabric provides luxurious warmth, perfect as a gift.
- With an exceptional industry-leading heating rate, heated throw blankets can be heated to heating level 6 (maximum temperature 113°F) in 35 minutes while other brands of electric blankets require 45-55 minutes. Our heated blankets relax your body to improve blood circulation, warmth and relieve fatigue.
- Using our heated blankets while turning down your thermostat can save you 68-90% a year on your heating bill. Turn off the heater, use our electric blanket and watch the savings arise. Warm up, get cozy with a Bedsure heated blanket.
- The use of PTC/NTC heating wire provides perfect temperature and body feel and promises overheating protection. In addition, our heating blankets comply with UL964 standards, providing a safety measure while keeping warm. This blanket sold in the US conducts on 120V.
- Enjoy a quick heated blanket with an ergonomic LED controller featuring 10 timer settings (1-10 hours) and 6 heating settings from warm to high based on your needs (8 hour auto-off). Our warming blanket can bring you a worry-free sleep. Sleep peacefully using the convenient handheld controller. For the best user experience, please set the heating level to 3-6 when you turn on the heated blanket.
- It’s an incredibly soft and comfortable pick.
- It can cover your whole body and provide heat quickly.
- The versatile design is ready for use throughout the home, relaxing from the couch, working from home, and everything in between.
- Skin-friendly and suitable for whole body use.
- Provide a security system.
- Fire hazard.
- Not as thick as other picks.
Available at about half the price of the average electric blanket, the CURECURE heated blanket is a great budget option Soft-to-the-touch velour provides an undeniably comfortable experience without noticeable wires. Although it only has four heat settings, the blanket gave our tester a consistent heating experience.
It is machine washable on a cold cycle but should be air dried and is available in five colors and four sizes. Our tester wishes this pick came with more controls, but for such an affordable price, it’s a great option. It is extremely user-friendly and easy to spot clean.
While this pick doesn’t provide some of the bonus features that electric blankets cost, it does provide ample warmth, auto-shutoff, and a handy remote to set the temperature to your preference.
- Electric blanket is a flannel material, and a multi-layer flannel surface makes you feel soft and comfortable, adding warmth for you on cold nights. The 70-inch power cord is easy to use flexibly, and the high power of the electric blanket 120V can make you feel the warmth of your body as fast as a sun bath.
- The heated blanket has 4 heating settings with only one button. Its quick heating feature helps you fight the cold weather and get comfortable in a fraction of the time. You can choose the right temperature according to your needs, to provide a better and safer user experience, the rapid heating function is added to achieve a more even heat distribution, which allows the electric blanket to heat evenly in seconds.
- Product structure is easy to maintain. Before cleaning, be sure to remove or disconnect the thermostat and power cord, machine wash or hand wash, dry naturally, do not use dryer.
- This heated blanket is unisex, lightweight, and the power cord is easy to install, so it can be used anywhere. This large blanket (50″x60″) can be used as a simple quilt on the bed, you can lie on the sofa and watch TV, or read a book in the office, use this blanket to spread warmth all over your body and it is a spring and autumn blanket. Can be used as a simple quilt.
- The quality and security of the electric blanket has accepted the ETL certification. The overheating protection system can save the circuit from overheating, and receives a 6-hour automatic shutdown design, which is secure and lets you use this product with conviction.
- It’s big enough to fit under your arm and you don’t have to worry about getting cold when you move, and it keeps you warm without fail.
- Easy to use.
- Temperature is adjustable.
- Long power cord.
- Can be machine washed.
- Does not offer any bonus features.
- No advanced controls.
The Perfect Fit Ultra Soft Plush Electric Blanket is a safe and incredibly soft electric blanket that is possibly one of the most comfortable blankets you’ll ever have the luxury of hiding under. This electric blanket starts with super soft microplush fabric and decorative triple-ribbed design for refreshingly smooth luxury comfort next to your skin. Patented safe and warm low-voltage technology built into the blanket. This low-voltage blanket has a small power supply box that converts 120 volt AC home current to non-hazardous low voltage DC current, providing warmth, protection and safety even when the blanket gets wet.
The benefit for you is a blanket that gives an even heat and penetrating warmth throughout without any annoying hot or cold spots. The queen-sized blanket is divided into two separate zones and comes standard with two easy-to-read, easy-to-turn, non-slip computerized controllers to adjust the temperature on each side of the bed, providing individual comfort and control. It has an automatic pre-heat and hold feature that ensures your bed is warm and cozy before you get up for the night. You simply turn it on and the blanket will warm on HI until it reaches your dial preset temperature and then adjust itself to hold it.
For your safety, convenience and energy conservation it has an automatic shut off feature that will turn the blanket off after 10 hours if you forget. It also comes standard with over-temperature protection for extra protection and peace of mind.
- It’s made from incredibly soft microplush fabric with a decorative triple-rib design.
- The blanket is divided into two separate zones and includes dual light controls for individual adjustment and comfort.
- Automatically shuts off after 10 hours for advantage, security and savings.
- Machine washable and dryable with no pilling, shrinking or stretching.
- Dimensions are Queen – 84″ x 90″. 100% polyester blend.
- It gives an even heat and penetrating warmth throughout without any annoying hot or cold spots.
- Divided into two zones with dual controls.
- 10-hour automatic shut-off.
- Available in five different colors.
- There is a heat reflective layer that can be wrinkled.
The Westinghouse electric blanket is a great, very comfortable and soft option. It has 10 heat settings and a smart digital display. Its super soft fabric feels lovely. The stitching along its edges is outstanding and the edge fabric is folded to hide the thread work.
The wires inside the Westinghouse weren’t particularly noticeable, and its controller felt like it had great build quality. This blanket comes with a five-year warranty, a great feature from a well-established company and can be worth buying at a good price. Unfortunately, during testing I found that its heating was patchy, with many spots not being heated for long periods of time.
This blanket is ETL- and FCC-certified to meet or exceed all safety standards, and is backed by a generous warranty for peace of mind. An improvement would be if it had different shutoff timer options.
- 12 hours automatic shut-off, 10 heating levels for individual needs.
- Dual control four 2 users.
- Fast heating intimate design electric blanket for warm blanket.
- Memory heating design and even heat distribution for well comfort.
- Double layer 220 gsm flannel, both layers bring a better sense of softness, easy for storage or carrying.
- Can expand blood vessels and develop blood circulation.
- Helps relax muscles and joints throughout the body and alleviate exhaustion after work and practice.
- Suitable for single use, watching television, reading books, relaxing at home on sofa or couch; office working hours; Camping, fishing outdoors, brings you a warm and comfortable life experience.
- Quality issues and a 5-year warranty for Westinghouse is dedicated to making life easier and more enjoyable.
- Good construction.
- 5 year warranty.
- Big enough for 2 people.
- Color choices are limited.
- High electricity consumption.
This ultra-soft electric blanket is made of 100% polyester for a comfortable feel that some online reviewers say is the softest electric blanket ever felt. There are three heat settings, so you can find the perfect one for you, and the power cord is over 6 feet long for added convenience.
Faux fur microfiber is soft to the touch, and has a wavy texture that mimics the look of real fur. Low-voltage wires are not visible and the silver remote is small and discreet. The blanket heats up quickly and the three heat settings are comfortable and warm.
A heated blanket is perfect for those who are missing the body heat of your significant other. Warm up with this Heated Plush Sherpa from Hyde Lane. Plus, it’s available with a faux fur or sherpa top in five different colors and patterns to match any aesthetic.
- Any couch, any bed can be transformed into a more inviting, warm, cozy oasis with our heated faux fur blanket. Not to mention any furniture can be instantly enhanced with a personal, stylish touch thanks to our design and pattern choices.
- Most blankets on Amazon come from synthetic factories in China that produce chemically contaminated fabrics.
- You can choose how toasty warm you want to be while you sleep and you can enjoy 3 different heating levels with our system LED controller.
- A heated blanket is perfect for those who are missing the body heat of your significant other. Warm up with this Heated Plush Sherpa from Hyde Lane.
- Steady heat dilates blood vessels and promotes blood flow.
- While other competitors sacrifice durability due to their cheaply made synthetic materials and manufacturing processes, we assure that Sherpa blankets won’t spill on you or reveal loose threads because we inspect every heated throw blanket before it’s shipped.
- Faux fur and plush sherpa style.
- 2-hour auto shut-off.
- Comfortable and soft materials.
- The heating feature works perfectly.
- Lots of color options.
- Lightweight and easy to carry.
- According to reviewers the controller can get hot.
If you come in on a cold day and want to warm up quickly, this blanket is a great choice. We liked how quickly it warmed up and on the high setting it warmed to 82 degrees.
The size makes it a perfect choice as an electric throw blanket for the bed, and the fabric is rather thin but tender. We’d recommend it for both tenderness and quick heat time. However, some loose threads around the plug and the disproportionately large size of the plug itself were its drawbacks for us. It wasn’t the easiest to unplug.
This model has only three temperature settings – low, medium and high. On the high setting, the blanket heated up 14 degrees from its starting temperature in only 15 minutes.
- These heated blankets are for heating while emitting the lowest possible EMF energy. UL certified and guaranteed to give you peace of mind and comfort of warmth.
- You can choose how toasty warm you want to be while you sleep. Enjoy 3 different heating levels with our custom LED controller with auto shut off.
- A 6-foot long power cord gives you plenty of reach to any nearby outlet, whether you’re in the bedroom, camping, RV, air mattress, or carpet, and you won’t even realize it’s there. The conveniently placed 3ft controller cord is easy to reach and tuck away.
- Simply disconnect the controller and power cord and simply throw the entire electric throw blanket into the wash. Use cold or warm water and keep it on a slow agitation cycle.
- We know you’re tired of buying substandard heated throws that stop working after just the first few uses. That’s why this heated throw blanket lasts comfortably in cozy conditions or even in the toughest adventure settings.
- Foot pocket.
- Warms up faster – heated up 14 degrees in just 15 minutes.
- Cozy feel, particularly for keeping feet heat in the pockets.
- Five-year warranty.
- Shuts off after two hours.
- Only three temperature settings.
Unlike a conventional throw blanket, this electric version has a U-shaped design that allows you to arrange it over your shoulders like a poncho. For anyone especially prone to cold shoulders, nearly 400 hundred Amazon reviewers agree that this blanket is the perfect antidote to cold weather.
For an electric blanket that you can use entirely hands-free, we like Beautyrest’s Heated Shawl. Three heat levels offer even heat without remarkable wires. The blanket wraps around your shoulders like a shawl to keep you warm while cuddling on the sofa or walking around the house.
For such a reasonable price and good color options, this is a perfect option for kids or teens. It comes backed with a UL certification, so you can be sure that it throws virtually no harmful radiation or outflow. Our tester evaluated a similar wearable blanket from Beautyrest and noted that the cord and control panel could be a little heavy, but liked the heat distribution and ease of use.
- 1 hot wrap: 50 inx64 in; Power cord 6 feet; Controller cord 3ft evenly spaced heating elements distribute heat throughout.
- 100% UL certified and engineered to emit virtually no EMF radiation. Your safety and security is highly important to us.
- Luxuriously reversible cozy sherpa to electric wrap fleece for extra warmth in winter; Provides heat from 85 – 105℉ (temperature range will vary based on ambient room temperature).
- Features 3 heat settings to help you find the great temperature. And a 2 hour auto shut off for added security. The shawl silhouette is perfect for use on a couch or in the office.
- Conveniently machine washable, simply unplug it and throw it in the wash.
- Confidently backed by a 5-year warranty.
- 100% Microlight.
- Can use hands-free.
- Evenly distributed heat.
- Plug and control panel can be bulky.
Do you want to share a bed with someone whose interior body temperature is different from yours? Or you and your partner have different opinions about whether the heating should be turned off at night. One way you can get what you both want is to try a heated blanket with dual temperature controls.
The Degrees of Comfort Heated Blanket features a temperature dial on each half of the blanket that lets you and your bed partner individually select your comfort level, and it’s up to 29 percent off on Amazon now to $95 for the full size.
It is available in a full range of mattress sizes that also boasts 20 different temperature settings. This wide temperature range is great for finding the best conditions for you to sleep and lie in. It’s made from a machine-washable soft micro plush polyester and is designed to withstand a low dryer tumble. Adding dual controls for larger mattress sizes means couples can easily share the heat.
Over 10,000 reviews give this blanket a 4.2 – star average rating. Users say the material is super-soft and has a great sheen, although a small number of reviews say the blanket is extra slippery and slides around during use.
- UL certified heated blankets are specially engineered to emit the lowest possible EMF emissions while heating for warm cozy peace of mind.
- The 12.5 foot long power cord provides plenty of length to connect to outlets without fumbling at night, and the conveniently placed 6 foot controller cord is easy to reach and tuck away.
- Search for your accurate warmth with 20 different heating levels using our LCD display controls. Dual controllers are only available for Queen, King and California King sizes.
- Disconnect the controller and power cord and place the blanket in the washer. Use only cold or warm water and keep it on a slow agitation cycle. Then tumble dry on a little heat or air dry. Do not use bleach or other liquids other than all-purpose cleaning detergents. Tested to stay smooth and plush after multiple washes.
- 5 Year Warranty.
- Extra soft micro plush polyester.
- Machine washable and dryable.
- Heat settings are adjustable.
- Easy to care for.
- Available in all mattress sizes, including California King.
- Plush material makes it slide around while using.
7 Things to keep in mind when buying a best electric blanket
A heated blanket is perfect for keeping warm in the cold winter months or to stay cozy all year round. The best electric blanket is one that combines the features you want with the highest level of comfort. Consider the following when shopping to make sure you buy an electric blanket that meets all of your expectations.
Electric blankets have come a long way from the flimsy, scratchy fabrics of yesteryear. Luxurious materials like faux fur, micro plush and sherpa make these blankets more comfortable than ever. These materials add extra warmth for the coldest seasons. Choose an electric blanket made from your favorite material for best results.
It is important to consider when and where you plan to use your electric blanket. If you are going to use it on your bed, be sure to buy the exact same size. If you want a blanket to lie on the sofa, it may be best to opt for an electric throw blanket. There’s also a travel-sized electric blanket for when you’re on the road. Regardless of where you plan to use it, it’s important to choose an appropriately sized heated blanket.
- Dial Style:
Small things can make a big difference when it comes to heating blankets. If you or your partner are mild sleepers, it’s best to find a blanket with digital dials, which are quieter than their clicking analog counterparts. Queen-sized and king-sized electric blankets usually come with two separate controls, perfect for couples who prefer various sleeping temperatures.
- Automatic Shutdown Timer:
Electric blankets often have an automatic timer for safety reasons that turns the blanket off after a predetermined amount of time. This can be anywhere from 2 to 10 hours, so consider whether you really need a blanket that will stay warm all night.
- Heat settings:
Electric blankets come with a variety of heat settings based on the manufacturer. Typically, the most basic heated blanket will offer three settings: low, medium or high. Some more expensive, high-tech electric blankets can offer up to 20 different heat settings and configurations.
- Smart features:
Many of today’s electric blankets have technology that allows the blankets to automatically adjust to a preferred preset temperature, your body heat, and even the room’s ambient temperature. These features usually come with a high price tag.
- Care and Maintenance:
New electric blankets are usually machine washable, but most are not machine dryable. Unplug the cables and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning. To ensure the safety and longevity of your heated blanket, check electrical cords, connectors and cables regularly.
Our Top Pick
- Do I Need an Electric Blanket?
If you find that the cold weather really gets to you, an electric blanket is an effective way to warm yourself without heating the whole house. A heated blanket can also be used to preheat a bed, if crawling into a cold bed is an unfavorable thought. If your feet are often cold, an electric blanket helps warm up faster and stay warm more effectively than throwing a pair of socks on the bed.
As part of the test, we used a highly-rated Amazon blanket and I was reminded how effective regular blankets can be. After examining different electric blankets in a row, I hoped to be disappointed by a non-heated version. Other than a bit of a chill around my arms, I didn’t notice much of a difference. Our heat sensor backs this up, noting a maximum temperature difference of 1.4℉ between unheated blankets and our top overall pick. So, if the room you’re in isn’t particularly cool, an electric blanket may not serve you as well as you’d expect.
- How should I clean my heated blanket?
Most electric blankets on the market today are machine washable – just ensure you disconnect the power cord before tossing it in the wash. Some can be dried in a dryer, while others are designed to air dry. Read out the directions in detail before washing an electric blanket and always follow the manufacturer’s care recommendations.
- How do electric blankets work?
Electric blankets plug into an electrical socket using electricity to warm the blanket. They contain insulated wires that are held securely between the fabric layers of the blanket. Wires are heated to heat the entire blanket.
- Are electric blankets safe?
Yes. Most electric blankets on the market have automatic shut-off, which means they shut off automatically after 2 to 10 hours. Blankets that provide long-lasting heat can be used overnight and we recommend unplugging them when not in use.
Before buying, make sure the blanket has a third-party safety certification like UL or Intertek. Always ensure to follow all care and use instructions to ensure everyone’s safety. Check on your electric blanket’s manual to look at how numerous volts it can handle from the power supply. Then, use a power adapter for outlets with high voltage to avoid overheating and damage to the blanket.
We hope you’re satisfied because you’ve found our best electric blankets that keep you cozy and warm. Electric blankets can provide an additional source of warmth. In some situations, such as when a person is exposed to extreme cold, they can help prevent frostbite. However, its other indicated health benefits are unimaginable and may not work for everyone.
Our number one pick is the Bedsure Twin Electric Heated Blanket which looks like a faux fur blanket and feels just as luxurious. Our tester liked how soft and comfortable this blanket felt, as well as the ETL certification, but overall thought it should feel warmer – especially with such a plush construction.
For something a little more affordable, we recommend the CURECURE Heated Blanket, which provides evenly distributed heat and maximum comfort. We hope that after reading this article, you will have a more comfortable shopping experience with our product reviews, FAQs and buying guides.
You Might Also Like