Don’t you hate it when it’s so cold outside and you rush to your car for safety only to find that the seat is cold? Fine, we hate it and we were frustrated to find a solution. The answer was simple and right in front of us. Heated car seat covers. These covers help warm the seats so that driving is more soothing and muscles are relaxed. We want to share our research to help you find the best car seat heater.
Car seat heaters are among the most popular additions that car enthusiasts make to increase the comfort level of their cars. They allow you to set the heating temperature to your liking and run for an indefinite period of time.
Especially for those who live in harsh climates where winters are harsh, car seat heaters instantly change the atmosphere of their car keeping their owners warm and happy.
In this article, you’ll discover some great picks for the 7 best car seat heaters and what you should look for when shopping for one.
The 7 Best Heated Seat Covers Keep You Toasty On Your Car
Heated car seats not only make your driving experience more comfortable on a winter day but are more necessary than you might have believed. The tension that ice-cold car seats can bring to the body can be overwhelming, and that sensation of tension can exacerbate certain back problems.
All of the seat heaters on this list operate on the standard 12V DC power found in most vehicle cigarette lighter/auxiliary power outputs, and some models come to your door with adapters that approve them to run on 24V power for use. Home, office, truck, and boat. Sitting on a heated seat provides relief for sore muscles as well as back pain and swollen joints. This article will detail the top 7 seat heater covers/cushions across the market and provide you with their key features, pros, and cons.
|Snailax Car Seat Warmer
|It is a car seat hot cum massager, and hence, you will get ultimate comfort when you are inside your car.
|Healthmate IN9438 Velour 12v Heated Seat Cushion
|At under $20, it’s a very affordable way to warm your seat in cold weather.
|Black Panther Car Seat Covers
|Better protection for your cushion, compatibility with 95% car front seats, user-friendly design, and excellent workmanship.
|Sunny Color 12V Seat Cushion
|It makes an attractive and well-reviewed seat heater.
|Zone Tech Car Travel Seat Cover Cushion 2 Pack
|Nice and warm, Secured straps and fits in all different sizes of cars or RV seats.
|FIVE S 10-Motor Vibration Massage Car Seat Heater
|The FIVE S heater and massager is a subtle yet relaxing take on a seat warmer for your vehicle.
|Sotion Vibrating Back Massager
|Advanced full back massager, convenient and portable, adjustable neck massager to fit most and versatile gift plus 2 years warranty
Snailax is a conducting brand in the seat cushion manufacturing industry. The company is known for designing good quality and innovative products, and the Snailax Memory Foam Massage Seat Cushion is the best. It is a car seat hot cum massager, and hence, you will get final comfort when you are inside your car.
The car cover massager comes with six different massage motors and relieves your body from muscle pain, tension and exhaustion. Hence, it is very useful for long drives and even on the way home after an exhausting work day. You can select which part of the body you want to massage such as the upper back or lower back. In fact, five different modes and four massage strength levels are available.
When it comes to heat therapy, you get two different settings and you can turn on the heat without massaging. The cushion also has an auto shut-off feature along with overheating protection. The comfort factor is high thanks to the soft polyester cover and memory foam cushions. The cover has a non-slip bottom and double vivid straps ensure a perfect fit. In addition to the car seat, you can also use it on any regular chat seat.
- The massage seat cushion is designed with soft and comfortable polyurethane memory foam as padding, high density memory foam gives you superior comfort.
- The back massager seat cushion has 6 vibrant massage motors that deliver pulsating massages to your tissues and muscles to help relieve muscle pain, tension, stress, and fatigue after a day’s work or a long journey.
- The massage cushion lets you choose a massage spot on the upper back, lower back, hips or thighs, combining all these areas at once, all-inclusive with 5 program modes and 4 variable vibration intensities to deliver a customizable best massage to your liking.
- The seat massager with optional heat has 2 heat levels that target the entire back and hips, thighs, which radiate gentle warmth to soothe tight, sore muscles and promote body circulation. It also provides you with a nice heated seat cushion that warms up a seat in cold weather.
- This massage chair is a Christmas gift, its cover is made of 100% super comfortable plush, incomparably soft polyester that provides a comfortable and wonderful feeling to the touch of the body.
- This seat massager is designed with a non-slip rubber bottom and adjustable dual straps to secure and keep it in place on chairs at home or in the office.
- Optional massage area and ultra plush cushions.
- Automatic shut-off and overheating protection.
- Strong vibration for massage.
- Universal fitting on any seat for versatile use.
- No massage roller is available.
- Car adapter charger sold separately.
One of the most trustworthy brands for heated seat cushions, HealthMate offers a very soft and durable material with a dual secure strapping system that prevents the cushion from losing its place. This seat heater can generate heat up to 114 degrees Fahrenheit, making it toasty enough for even colder climates.
Heat is indeed known to relieve pain and relax muscles, but don’t forget that tolerable temperatures are ideal warmth for your body. HealthMate’s heated seat cushions are made of polyurethane foam, an exceptionally durable, comfortable, and soft velour layer.
Once the cushion heating system is removed from your car seat, it will make a significant difference to your comfort level. This product comes with two secure elastic straps and a 4-inch strap that prevents the cushion from moving. The soft seating surface is pleasant even on chilly days – a bit less jarring than a smooth faux leather finish.
In addition, you can choose two different color options according to the color of your car seat so that your car does not look like that.
Healthmate’s heating cushions have become one of the best-selling cushions in the market because they are user-friendly and easy for users to store in the off-season.
- The soft velour heated seat cushion has two heat settings, two color options, two secure strapping systems, and two thousand ways you’ll fall in love with it.
- The soft velour heated seat cushion has an extremely soft and durable velour cover; It is so soft and comfortable that you will want to sit on it all the time.
- The maximum heating temperature is 114°F.
- High/low/off temperature control.
- Four clips, two back elastic straps, and 4 cinch straps around the bottom prevent the cushion from moving.
- Simply plug into your vehicle’s 12-volt DC outlet, and unplug when not in use to avoid battery drain.
- Global fit for most cars, vehicles, RVs, and boats.
- Foam – Polyurethane.
- Flexible velour cover.
- User-friendly and easy to use.
- Folds flat for hassle-free storage.
- Two secure elastic and hook strapping systems.
- Adjustable heating control system.
- Two color options.
- 12-volt heated seat cushions
- Small-size seat cover.
- Complaints about short product life.
Black Panther car seat covers are a good-quality and pure-looking choice when it comes to portable and fast-heating seat covers. They come in a variety of colors, giving you the ability to match your vehicle’s color scheme or accent your existing seats with a dash of color. With a universal design, the covers will be a good fit with almost all makes and models of cars. The covers have a unique embroidery pattern and perforations that allow for excellent breathability and consolation.
Durable covers will defend your existing seats from scratches, stains, and damage or conveniently cover already worn upholstery, making your seats look like new again. The back of these heated seat covers is equipped with a granular rubber coating that prevents slipping. They come equipped with two front pockets for discreet storage of phones, wallets, keys, etc.
- PU seat cover surface uniform needlework technology, and elegant perforations, make it breathable comfort. It can cover car seat scratches and stains and make your car seat look new.
- Fits 95 percent of vehicle makes and models.
- Rubber granule fabric on the back, both non-slip and won’t damage your original front car seat. Two front pockets and you can put a phone, keys, etc.
- Side edge sleek lines and seat covers not only increase stereoscopic perception but do not affect the use of side airbags. Built-in non-woven fabric and rebound sponge, strengthen it.
- The front car seat cover has a quick buckle and an elastic band at the top, easy to install. Two durable plastic buckles and two metal hooks fix the seat cover, effectively preventing displacement.
- It is suitable for 95% of vehicles, such as sedans, SUVs, pickup trucks, etc If you have questions about compatible models, please contact us for assistance.
- Sophisticated simulated leather looks available in a variety of colors.
- Breathable and easy to clean.
- It offers an almost universal fit.
- Safety is first.
- Ensuring the safety of drivers and passengers.
- Excellent craftsmanship.
- Stylish and elegant look.
- Only covers the bottom of the seat.
- Maybe too small for larger SUV seats.
We don’t know much about the company that makes Sunny Color, but they have been selling this and other seat covers for several years with very good ratings across the product. Sunny Color‘s stylish and high-build heated seat covers have 91% positive reviews with an ‘A’ review grade and customers report that they perform well and hold up well.
It’s a larger seat heater, about 18 inches wide, than some choices. The back is about 24 inches high, enough to cover buckets and truck seats. There are two elastic straps with hooks at the bottom, an adjustable cinch strap around the back, and a headrest loop to hold it in place. Like most thermal covers, the string is on the passenger side and is only 36 inches long, so if you have an extensive vehicle and a center 12V outlet, you may have a hard time reaching it.
The sunny color says their heated cover heats up in two minutes and reaches the 140°F/60°C range. There isn’t much difference between the high and low settings, so it might be too warm for some people.
- High-quality material – Luxuriously soft velour cover is extremely soft to the touch, elastic, and lusciously plump. No hair loss, no peeling, no skin irritation.
- Durable and convenient – It is durable and will not affect its service life if it is not used for a long time.
- Easy to install – Equipped with elastic bands to fasten the cushion to the seat and keep it perfectly in place, and designed with non-slip rubber on the bottom.
- Simple and elegant – Simple design and luxurious quality.
- Work for all cars, SUVs, trucks, vans, etc. including rare models.
- Gets very warm very fast.
- Highly rated.
- No warranty information.
- Shorter cord.
What would be the right partner for cold weather and winter driving? The answer could be the Zone Tech Car Seat Cover Cushion. The Zone Tech seat cover warms your back and bottom which helps maintain your metabolism and blood circulation. Enjoy instant warmth in your seat.
The design is elementary, with a small center section, two lower cinch hooks, and a headrest loop, but there are also some other premium features. You get a digital controller that lets you adjust the temperature up to 120°F/49°C with a quick-disconnect plug. We like them not only for convenience but to help prevent damage as a breakaway if you pull the cord too close.
Made of waterproof fabric with a non-slip back, both the bottom and top are 23 inches, and it tapers to 11.8 inches in the middle. This may or may not be a feature you like, but there is an automatic 45-minute shutoff timer that prevents overheating, especially of the plug. This is great for preventing battery drain if you forget it, but may not be what you want in very cold weather. Many other heated covers get hot.
- The Zone Tech Travel Blanket is made from premium quality materials to ensure maximum strength, durability, and comfort for long-lasting use.
- Zone Tech seat covers provide warmth and comfort. You can enjoy a soothing feeling in the comfort of your car.
- Zone Tech seat covers fit all different-sized car or RV seats. The cushion is soft and bearable so it is advantageous to take from one car to another.
- Zone Tech seat cover straps ensure it stays in place. It has black elastic straps that slide over almost any seat to hold the cushion securely in place, and additional straps with hooks on the underside of the cushion to secure it to the underside of your seat.
- Zone Tech Seat Cover is your trusted travel companion, providing everything you need for your commute. A good use during road trips, camping, tailgates, emergency blankets, and more.
- Modular cord.
- Digital remote.
- Auto shutoff.
- 30-day warranty.
- Solid fabric can get hot and sticky.
- Needs two outlets.
This is not a Shiatsu kneading massager. This is just a vibration massager, no rolling balls. If you are looking for a shiatsu massager with rolling balls, do not buy this item. For those who just need subtle relaxation on the commute home from work, the warmth and massage style can be a calming feature.
The temperature of this seat cover warmer is also on the mild side. It doesn’t give off high heat, just a soft warming quality, making it an ideal option for those who live in more southern regions and don’t need extra heat.
Heat settings are free of vibration, so you can turn on warmth without massage. The motor has three massage modes with four settings for different parts of the body, including the lower back and lumbar. To use the seat in your car, you must purchase an adapter separately.
- Microprocessor controlled.
- Powerful massage seat cushion with 10 vibration motors for neck, shoulders, back, and thighs.
- Soothing heat targets the upper, middle, and lower back areas.
- A combination of vibration massage and heat therapy will help increase blood circulation and relieve muscle pain, tension, and stress.
- The heat can be turned on or off independently. It lets the use of heat with or without massage. Moreover, the massage function can be turned on with or without warmth.
- Built-in overheat protection.
- Automatically shuts off in 30 minutes.
- Hand control unit.
- 3 Speed or intensity of the massage.
- 4 message programs. 4 different ways to change speed, change zone, and auto fade. You can select a program or have it cycle through 4 programs automatically.
- 4 Zones: M1 – Neck/Shoulders/Upper Back, M2 – Middle Back, M3 – Lumbar/Lower Back, M4 – Thighs. Select an area for concentrated massage in any one zone or any combination of two, three, or four zones.
- There are many variations for you to choose the massage that you enjoy.
- Soft plush fabric, well-padded cushion, high quality.
- 4 adjustable elastic straps to fasten and secure the cushion around the back of the chair seat.
- For home or office. AC Adapter (Input: 110-220v ac, Output: 12V DC) included.
- Vibration massage for muscle tension.
- Handheld controls.
- Various settings for the massage function.
- Independent thermal operation.
- Low heat.
- Car adapter sold separately.
Sotion is one of the conducting brands of car seat massagers. There are 10 vibration nodes to offer maximum consolation and relaxation to the users. Each vibration node can be especially controlled with simple access.
10 vibration nodes come with 5 different modes for massage and 3 different vibration speeds to meet particular needs. The built-in heating feature can be used with or without massage. The nodes are designed to target specific areas on the lower and upper back and thighs. The wired remote and optional heat function allows for independent on/off vibration positions.
It is a full seat massager and can be permanent with plastic hooks and straps and is many-sided enough to fit at home, work, and even in the car. The only difficulty is that it makes noise while vibrating.
- The massage chair pad is made of a multi-layer message bag and 2 vibrating nodes, it has compression, vibrating massager, and heat functions to squeeze and tighten the neck, back, hips and thighs, helping to relieve fatigue, stress, and muscle pain like a spa massage for you after a long day of work.
- The seat massager with remote control allows you to customize the massage zone (neck/back/hips) and pressure intensity (low/medium/high), combining additional vibration functions and optional heating to relieve fatigue and bring relaxation to the whole body. 3 levels of pressure massage, 3 massage zones, vibration, and heating functions to choose from, bring you the best customizable massage.
- The neck and back massager has an optional heat function on the waist and under the seat, which provides soothing warmth to loosen tired muscles and improve blood circulation. It can be turned on/off separately without massage, equipped with an overheating protection thermostat, and a 20-minute shut-off function ensures safety.
- The massager seat cushion is equipped with a flexible neck massage pillow instead of the traditional fixed neck massage nodes. The Neck massage design, suitable for most people of different heights (5.2 feet to 6 feet), brings a smarter and better experience. Multilayer neck massage bags provide enough pressure to relieve neck muscles and ease knots.
- We build this back massage cushion from quality and durable fabric, and mild foam bubbles for comfort and posing correction. Perfect gift for everyone in your family.
- Portable and lightweight.
- Concentrates on specific areas to relieve aches and pain.
- Versatile and can be used anywhere.
- It makes a loud noise while vibrating.
8 Things To Keep In Mind Before Buying The Best Car Seat Heater
When you examine car seat warmers, you will find that different warmers have different features and characteristics. Deciding which one to buy can be difficult without some background knowledge. There are many factors that you need to check before buying the best car seat heater for your car interior.
The following buying guide will help you get the best one in the market with the best features.
The first and foremost thing to consider is size. Different car seats have different sizes. This is why you need to make sure that the size of the car seat you choose matches the seat of your car. Most companies make universal sizes these days so this may not be a problem. However, even if the size is universal, be sure to measure and test.
There are two types of car seat warmers available and you have to decide which one you need. The first type is a standard car seat warmer that heats the seat and distributes the heat throughout its area. Different levels of heat settings are available and you can set as per your requirement. Usually, you get a wired remote to control the heating. It covers almost the entire seat for proper heating.
The second type is a car seat massager that is more effective than a standard car seat warmer. Because it heats the car as well as massages your body which is more comfortable and relaxing. A car seat massager comes with massage rollers as well as vibrating motors and it massages pressure points like your neck, shoulders, back, and so on. Therefore, it warms up and relaxes your muscles and you won’t feel tired from a long journey.
There are many types of materials that car seat covers are made of. There are fabric, mesh, or leather options. If you do a quick search online, you’ll likely come across materials like velour, jacquard, canvas, neoprene, and even denim (but you probably don’t want to match your car seat while driving in jeans).
Your choice of material should not only be based on style, but you should check its durability, feel, and breathability. Weigh the pros and cons and choose what works best for you and your lifestyle.
- Heating Speed:
A very important factor that you should consider is the speed of heating the car. Ideally, the car seat you have should heat up quickly and evenly without overheating. There are several factors that affect the warm-up. The main one is the seat padding. Another very important factor is the severity of the cold where you live.
The best ones take up to 2 minutes to heat up which is very efficient. They may cost you a little extra because of the technology, but they are worth the money. As far as you can go they take about 20 minutes to warm up but they won’t come in handy if you have to cover short distances.
- Temperature Control:
This is the most obvious feature that you will need. The temperature of your heated car seat cover should give you a heat option. Most seat covers give you high, low, and medium options that are perfect for people who aren’t right. However, we all know someone who is very particular about their temperature. For such people, there need to be various temperature control options that help in reaching the desired temperature.
Having different temperature options is also a safety feature. Temperature control can save you cables and other parts of the seat without having to fiddle with them every few minutes.
- Intelligent Control:
Although this feature is very important and not very common, it is highly recommended. An intelligent temperature control switches off the seat heat when the temperature reaches the desired temperature. The seat helps maintain temperature and then prevent overheating.
If you can’t afford a heated seat cover with intelligent control, or you can’t find one, this is your option. The timer is something that is a cheap feature that most manufacturers miss out on purpose. The timer allows the seat heat to turn off every few minutes. This feature increases safety and reduces the possibility of seat overheating.
The only reason an intelligent control is good is that it switches itself after a while. After the timer goes off, human intervention is required to go back on again.
- Dual Interface:
The seat’s dual interface is perfect for your car’s passengers. Typically, heated car seats rely on the car’s cigarette lighter. However, each car has only one connection that accommodates only one seat. A dual interface will allow a single lighter to connect to two heated seats. This feature will eventually help your passenger have a warmer drive as well.
Our Top Pick
- Will a Heated Cover Damage My Seat?
If your heated car seat cover gets hot enough to damage your upholstery, it’s going to let you know in some personal and uncomfortable ways. If this were our nice car, we’d probably go ahead and add an extra layer of protection underneath in the form of a seat cover, preferably a fabric or genuine leather that can retain heat, just in case there’s a fault, or the heat somehow runs through the fabric of the heated cover made in dye.
- Is a car seat heating system affordable?
Of course, it depends on your budget. Most seat warmers on the market currently cost under $500, and most people find them moderately affordable compared to other car modifications.
- Do car seat heaters drain the battery?
It could be. Car seat heaters run on electricity and can operate indefinitely as long as the engine is running. If you turn off the engine and forget about your car seat heater, it will eventually drain the car battery.
- Can I coat my heated car seat system with a cover?
You can. There is a wide range of heated car seat covers in the market. We suggest you go with fire-resistant fabrics.
- Can I adjust the temperature of my car seat heater?
You can adjust the heating to your liking at high, medium, and low temperatures.
- How long does the heated seat take to heat up?
It depends on the brand you prefer. Some brands take 2 minutes to heat up, while others take another 2-3 minutes to get you fully heated.
- Are car seat warmers bad for pregnant women?
It is not scientifically proven that a car seat heater without a heating pad or a heated blanket has a negative impact on a pregnant woman. Pregnancy is only affected when a mother is exposed to extreme temperatures for a long period of time. This is not the case with car seat heaters.
A car seat is no longer a luxury. On the contrary, it is an indispensable feature these days and is easy to install. There are several options out there and the right product for everyone.
But if you’re on a poor budget, the HealthMate IN9438 Velour Heated Seat Cushion is a perfect option. It has some unique features of its own like velour cushioning and lumbar support. If you’re a long-distance driver, we definitely recommend checking it out. And at a bargain like this, you won’t be mad.
If you are looking for a premium car seat cover cushion, Zone Tech Car Travel Seat Cover Cushion is the perfect one for you. You get two in the pack and from the components to the overall performance, everything is premium. Due to the malleable structure, it is easy to fit in the seats. The material is waterproof for easy cleaning and has a rubber bottom to keep it in place.
Choosing the right seat cover for your situation can be a difficult decision, but we hope this guide helps you narrow it down. We hope you’ll have a more comfortable shopping experience with our product reviews, FAQs, and buying guides.