Hey, are you familiar with the US Stove US1269E 900 Sq. Ft. LogWood Cast Iron Stove? Well, This is one of the most efficient Cast Iron Wood Stoves in the market. A Cast Iron Wood Stove is a great choice if you want something that is easy to maintain, durable, reliable, cost-effective, environment friendly and long lasting. It is wise to use a cast-iron stove for cooking, heating water, drying clothes, warming a home and providing warmth and comfort for many years. Cast iron wood stoves provide a clean burning flame and can be placed anywhere in the house. If you’re looking for a traditional stove that burns efficiently, then a cast iron stove is the best option.
Cast iron stoves are among the best wood burning stoves for heating homes. They were first used to cook food over open fires, but soon became popular for heating homes. Today, they still remain a favorite option for those who want a classic look without breaking the bank. If you live in a cold climate then you should consider using a cast iron stove indoors. In addition to providing heat, cast iron stoves also produce less smoke than traditional fireplaces.
Lets know an ancient history about cast iron wood stoves. Cast iron stoves have been around since the early 1800’s. In fact, they were first invented by Thomas Crapper who was an English plumber who wanted to create a safe alternative to open fires and fireplaces. He created cast iron wood stoves that would stay hot for hours at a time while being extremely cheap to produce.
Today, cast iron wood stoves are still affordable, durable, and. However, some people prefer gas-fired wood stoves over cast iron ones due to their ease of use and maintenance. Cast iron wood stoves can last decades and even centuries if properly cared for. They were originally used in homes to provide warmth and cook food. Now they are still being used for cooking and heating purposes. These stoves were originally designed to provide heat for industrial use. Today, they are still being manufactured for residential use.
So, How about knowing some best cast iron wood stoves with their stunning features and buying guidelines where well guarded secrets have been revealed. Lets go ahead!
Cast Iron Wood Stoves – Benefits & Main Features (Quick Glimpse)
Benefits of using a cast iron wood stove:
- Ensures your home has a sufficient heat source
- Cleaner burning firewood
- Long lasting
- Being able to prepare amazing dinners around a wood cook stove is one of the coolest and most appetizing advantages of having one
- Easy to install
- Energy efficient: Wood burning stoves with high efficiency can produce three times as much heat as a fireplace while consuming only the half amount of wood
- Money Saving
- Available in different sizes
Features of a cast iron wood stove:
- Can be installed in almost any room and outdoors
- Visual appeal of whirling, roaring flames in the room
- Elegant, artistic and reliable
- Can be operated manually or with electricity
- Can be easily moved if necessary
- Can be built to suit your budget
From our rigorous research, we have come to the conclusion that cast iron wood stoves withstand among other wood stoves because of their extraordinary benefits and unique features. We go through our picked products to understand which one is the best cast iron stove for different purposes. We also reviewed the thoughts of verified purchasers. After that we have selected the 5 best cast iron wood stove for you.
The 5 Best Cast Iron Wood Stove for Indoor and Outdoor Spaces:
|1. US Stove US1269E 900 Sq. Ft. LogWood Cast Iron Stove||Check Price|
|2. Guide Gear Outdoor Wood Burning Stove||Check Price|
|3. Ironclad Supply Rocket Stove – Camping Wood Stove||Check Price|
|4. Lineslife Wood Burning Camp Stove, Folding Cast Iron Camping Wood Stove||Check Price|
|5. Ashley Hearth AW1120E-P 1,200 Sq. Ft. EPA Certified Pedestal Wood Burning Stove, Black||Check Price|
Anyone who cherishes the wilderness should purchase a sturdy, cast iron-built wood stove like the US Stove Company US1269E. It exceeds 2020 EPA standards while heating 900 square feet with 54,000 BTUs of firewood combustion. For wooden huts, houses, big warehouses, and shops, it runs brilliantly. Warnock Hersey worldwide tested and approved the product to U.L. 1482 according to its better performance and reliability. It has an outstanding lifespan and is simple to use.
- This cast iron stove can accommodate logs up to 19″ long.
- Measurements: 22.2” W x 25.8” H x 33” D
- Portable dwellings are not permitted to utilize this product.
- It offers extended flames and superior thermal production.
- This design replaces the prior model 1269E made by US Stove Company. It is designed with contemporary technologies.
- 6.25-inch incorporated frying surface on top.
- The two-piece safety handle keeps the stove cool even when the burner is lit.
- No installation components are provided with this product.
- Extended heat production.
- EPA Certified
- High Energy Efficiency
- Easy to assemble
- Compact design
- Smoke fills the home at the beginning.
- Chimney liner is needed.
At a glance
|Effectiveness||Greatly effective for small indoors.|
|Heating Capacity||54,000 BTUs|
|Ease Of Use||YES|
|Durability||Heavy duty cast iron makes it more durable.|
|Functionality||Great! Retain the heat for a long time for outstanding heat production.|
|Check the Most Positive Review From Verified Purchaser||5.0 out of 5 stars; It’s a great little stove. We are really happy with it.|
It is unquestionable that Guide Gear Outdoor Wood Burning Stove is intended to last long. A sturdy cast iron front door with air vent holes has been used. The firebox is made of heat-resistant galvanized steel. It’s an excellent portable wood stove campfire heater for bringing comfort to outdoor spaces. This stove is a good starter stove for cooking, hiking, camping and backpacking too(though not easy to carry).
- Adjustable vent is available on a cast iron door.
- Five interconnected stove pipes are assembled with a chimney.
- Fire box is made of 2 mm high-temp finish galvanized steel.
- It accepts 17.5 inch logwoods.
- For keeping coffee and sauce pans warm, besides cooking chicken, bacon, boiling water and frying eggs, you can utilize the top platform of the stove.
- Detachable legs make it more easy in case of portability.
- Door opener, ash rake and hardware are included.
- Cool-touch coiling handle is available.
- Upflow airflow direction.
- Radiant heating technology.
- Only for use outdoors with just enough ventilation.
- Easy installation
- Simple to ignite
- Trouble-free process to prepare food on the surface
- Large firebox and cooking place
- Improved door style
- Intend to rust rapidly because it remains out in snowy places.
- Heavy construction.
- It can be smoky if it is used for a long period.
- Carry handle isn’t available.
At a glance
|Effectiveness||Highly effective for outdoor spaces|
|Heating Capacity||Amazing heating capacity for a long period.|
|Ease Of Use||Easy to get fire instantly.|
|Durability||Cast iron door and galvanized steel firebox make it more durable.|
|Design||Large firebox that accepts long logwoods gives an awesome experience.|
|Functionality||Outstanding! Well-constructed body.|
|Check the Most Positive Review From Verified Purchaser||5.0 out of 5 stars; Absolutely outstanding!|
The ultimate camping wood stove, Ironclad Supply Cast Iron Rocket Stove is ideal for Off-Grid dwelling and emergency preparation. You don’t need to worry about where and when to cook your meal or boil water whether you’re cooking for one person or a group. Because it burns dry biomass like wood, twigs, charcoal as fuel, this tiny powerful stove is great for outdoor cooking as well as emergency circumstances. You’ll be able to put your food on the table quickly because it’s simple to set up and utilize.
- To increase the lifespan of flame, you can use a fuel support system for longer firewood.
- Fuel type: Dry biomass( Wood, Branches, Twigs, Charcoal etc).
- Canvas storage bag is available that is weather resistant.
- Using just a minuscule bit of biomass fuel, the stove can generate up to 23,000 BTU.
- Full body is designated with cast iron.
- Handles are heat-resistant that helps to touch it while cooking mouthwatering dishes.
- The bulk of tent cooking equipment appears to fit on the hefty six-pronged cast iron burner top.
- For people who enjoy the great outdoors, hiking, camping, backpacking, and bushcraft, the Ironclad Supply is a wonderful present for them.
- Heat resistant handles
- Good deal for future emergencies
- Easy to use
- Highly efficient
- Large cooktop
- Solid rocket stove
- Produce less smoke
At a glance
|Effectiveness||This fireplace is quite efficient as it is a rocket stove that uses less wood than a traditional wood stove.|
|Heating Capacity||It can produce a maximum 23000 British Thermal Units.|
|Ease Of Use||As it is portable with a canvas storage bag and gas powered system, it is quite easy to use.|
|Durability||Cast iron material, powder coated body and heat resistant handles make it the most durable wood stove ever.|
|Design||This design is built to withstand the worst conditions.|
|Functionality||To maximize the functionality a vertical combustion chamber of this camping stove is completely insulated.|
|Application||Especially for outdoors and emergency preparedness.|
|Check the Most Positive Review From Verified Purchaser||5.0 out of 5 stars; Great substitute for the EcoZoom Versa Camping Stove|
Are you looking for a premium quality wood stove that is efficient, durable, rust and corrosion free? Yes,Right? Then Lineslife Wood Burning Camp Stove should be your first choice because the best standard of Cast Iron is used to construct this backpacking stove to make it more functional for long use. Lineslife Cast Iron Wood Burning Camp Stove is perfect for backpacking, picnics, hikes, camping. Undoubtedly one can use it for Cooking, boiling besides making a favorite BBQ party.
- Adding or adjusting the fuel, such as wood, or charcoal, is very easy in a safer and simpler manner. When the fireplace is fully loaded with firewood, its enormous combustion chamber can burn for approximately 40–60 minutes at a time.
- You don’t need to consider the size of your cookware sets, because the Lineslife wood camp stove’s pot holders are completely movable, so it can accommodate a range of cookware.
- This compact camp stove has sixteen air vents that are positioned for adequate airflow.
- To suit your diverse requirements for cooking, the stove legs’ bottoms can be turned and folded.
- Folded size is quite compact that’s why it’s easy to carry and assemble both.
- A carrying bag has been included so you can move it wherever you like.
- Set-up processing is a rapid process.
- This cast iron camping stove accepts different types of fuel, such as straw, wood, charcoal etc.
- You can move fuel at any time while keeping your hands safe from heat thanks to the fire poker handle and the gloves that are both attached with this wood stove.
- Heavy duty
- Lightweight but sturdy
- High thermal conductivity
- Large combustion chamber
- Fire poker handle and gloves are available
- Smoky for the beginning
At a glance
|Effectiveness||Greatly effective for outdoor spaces for its amazing construction.|
|Heating Capacity||High heating conductivity with a giant combustion chamber.|
|Ease Of Use||Folded size is absolutely compact, making it easy to assemble and carry.|
|Durability||Corrosion resistant cast iron enables it to be durable and reliable.|
|Design||Compact design beside the great cooktop allows it to transform it more cozy and stunning while cooking.|
|Check the Most Positive Review From Verified Purchaser||5.0 out of 5 stars; Excellent product|
In a word, It can be said that this stove is attractive, reliable, and simple to install that never lets smoke leak out. It complies with 2020 EPA standards while burning firewood. An impressive view of the blazing fire is provided by a hefty cast iron door with air-washed ceramic glass.
- This wood stove could indeed heat up to 1,200 square feet with 68,000 BTUs.
- At first, the logwood is ignited by the stove’s main air input at the front part. After burning the wood, 3 ignition tubes are fed air from the top of the stove via the secondary air input at the back of the firebox.
- Ignition tube stays right above the firewood.
- It can burn logs up to 18″ in length.
- Effortless maintenance thanks to an incorporated ash pan and brushed nickel handle.
- For durability and improved ignition, firebrick coating has been used.
- Blower is a standalone item. You have to buy it separately.
- In the USA it is allowed for mobile homes.
- Well built stove
- Easy to install
- Elegant looking
- Displays the burning wood
- Easy cleaning
- Compact design
- Sturdy construction
- Cooktop isn’t flatter.
- Damper isn’t at the convenient place.
At a glance
|Effectiveness||This is an incredibly effective wood stove to extract the maximum amount of energy from the wood you are burning.|
|Heating Capacity||1,200 square feet are heated by 68,000 BTUs.|
|Ease Of Use||Ash tray, pedestal base is another reason to make it easy to use.|
|Durability||Charcoal black finish and cast iron door ensures durability.|
|Design||Spring door handle with brushed nickel and the pedestal base adds a stylish touch to any area.|
|Functionality||It burns efficiently.|
|Check the Most Positive Review From Verified Purchaser||5.0 out of 5 stars; Well built stove|
10 Things You Should Know Before Meeting Best Cast Iron Wood Stove For The First Time : A Comprehensive Buying Guideline
You should think about a few things that might affect your living situation and energy expenditures before making a wood stove purchase. These are:
1. Stove Size
The size of your home should be taken into consideration while choosing a cast iron wood stove. For every 100 square feet that you need to heat, you will require approximately 3,000 BTUs to heat your space efficiently. Check this HOW MANY BTUS DO I NEED FOR MY ROOM OR HOUSE? to understand easily while choosing a wood stove.
2. Energy Efficiency
Any alternative with a higher efficiency rating—more than 80%—is preferred, however a fireplace with a 75% efficiency rating is still far superior in case of getting optimum heat for the whole house. Efficiency rankings of over 85% are given to the best cast iron wood stoves in order to get a good quality stove.
The firebox is where the flame comes out of the stove. Most cast iron wood stoves have a single firebox. This means that all of the heat produced goes into one area of the stove. While this may cause the back wall to get hotter than the front, it can be fixed by having two fireboxes. Having two fireboxes can help prevent the back wall from getting overheated.
4. Firebox Dimensions
When purchasing a cast iron wood stove, make sure the firebox fits inside the stove and does not stick out past the sides. A good rule of thumb is that the firebox should be no wider than half of the width of the stove. If you want to add two fireboxes, the space between them should be no wider than three times the width of the stove (i.e. six inches). Also, the height of the firebox should be about half of the total height of the stove.
5. Rate of EPA Emission
Your cast iron wood stove should be EPA certified. The EPA mandates that all cast iron wood stoves have certifications stating that they cannot emit gasses with air pollutants greater than a rolling sum of 4.5 g/hr. Your cast iron wood stove will emit fewer pollutants into the atmosphere as it becomes more efficient.
6. Temperature Gauge
A temperature gauge is often included with cast iron wood stoves. These gauges measure how much heat the stove produces. There are different types of temperature gauges ranging from digital and analog to water filled and air filled. The type of temperature gauge you need will depend on what kind of stove you are purchasing. Air filled thermometers are best for monitoring the temperature inside the house, whereas water filled thermometers are best if you want to monitor the temperature outside. Digital and analog thermometers are great for both indoor and outdoor use.
Burners are located on top of the stove. The number of burners you purchase will depend on the size of your fireplace. Larger fireplaces will require more burners. You can buy these burners individually or in sets. When buying individual burners, make sure that they are designed specifically for cast iron wood stoves rather than gas stoves. Gas burners do not work well with cast iron stoves because they tend to leak.
An oven is optional with cast iron wood stoves. An oven heats food faster than a stove and is generally used for baking. In order to bake successfully, you will need to use a convection oven, which circulates the air and prevents any burning smells.
Chimneys are optional with a cast iron wood stove. They allow smoke to escape without polluting the air. However, chimneys are only necessary if you plan on using your stove outdoors.
10. Stove’s function
Before purchasing a cast iron wood stove, you need to know in which purpose you want to use this stove. Some stoves are good for room or floor heating besides cooking mouthwatering dishes or hot water supply. If you wish to connect your stove to a boiler or a radiator, check the functionality of the fireplace.
Why Should You Choose A Cast Iron Wood Stove For Cooking, Hiking, Camping, Backpacking and Heating Indoor or Outdoor Spaces?
A broad variety of shapes, sizes, and designs are available for wood or multi-fuel burning stoves. However, Did you know that your stove’s construction material is as important to its function as its size and style?
It is seen that a wood burning stove is usually built from either galvanized steel or cast iron. There are some basic differences between these 2 materials. You should buy a wood burning stove from a trusted shop to ensure the better quality of the wood stove.
Additionally, your stove will last longer if it can resist severe temperatures for a long time. Cast iron wood stoves have lengthy warranties and guarantees because the producers are confident in the longevity of the sturdy material as well as classic style with improved design. A cast iron wood stove body is ideally suited to abrupt variations in temperature since heat is transmitted slowly and evenly that ensures the not cracking tendency when subjected to high temperatures for an extended period of time.
By putting the stove together in this manner, a tight seal is created to keep heat inside and out. Cast iron also has certain advantages compared to other materials in terms of appearance. A Cast iron stove provides a unique complement to your room’s decor.
For this reason, You should pick a cast iron wood stove unquestionably.
Our Top Pick
An Affordable Alternate
Cast Iron Wood Stoves ensure durability and reliability. They are the best option for your hiking journey or keeping your home warm. It doesn’t tend to crack or lose its shape if you heat for a prolonged time. You can use them indoors or out depending on how much space you have. Wood burning stoves are the oldest type of fireplace. They are also eco-friendly and are a good alternative to pellet stoves, Electric Fireplaces, Gas Logs, Ceramic Heaters, and Propane Stoves. In fact, some models even allow you to control the amount of smoke produced. But cast iron wood stoves are the best choice among them for their amazing heating efficiency and great functionality.
You Might Also Like