Do you want to know which is the best-heated travel mug to prevent all your hot drinks from turning into cold beverages? This article helps you to find the best-heated travel mug. A good mug warmer will keep your drink warm without adding to the unpleasant taste of scalding. In this article, we will also give you some interesting facts and key features, pros and cons that you may find helpful and try to answer any questions you may have to make an educated purchase decision.
The best travel mugs serve multiple purposes and are sturdy enough for everyday use. When looking for a mug for your travels, you should prioritize one-handed usability and consider whether you can throw it in the dishwasher. For warm coffee or tea, heat retention is essential. Similarly, if you drink more cold drinks, look for a mug that will keep your drinks ice cold for hours.
Before choosing the best travel mug for your most important beverage of the day, read on to learn which ones we recommend.
Top 5 Temperature-Controlled Travel Mugs to Find The Best One ( With Reviews and Buying Guides)
Read on to learn more about how we tested the best-heated travel mugs and what to consider when buying one. And if you’re not a coffee drinker, no need to worry. They’re also great for warming cocoa, broth, and healthy tea.
|Best heated mugs||Best for||Ratings (Out of 5)||Price|
|Ember Temperature Control Smart Mug 2||Best for overall||4.6||Check price|
|Coffee Mug Warmer & Mug Set||Best for budget||4.5||Check price|
|VSITOO S3 Pro Smart Mug with Lid||Best for home or office||4||Check price|
|East Mount Smart Mug Car Bottle Warmer||Best for travel||3.8||Check price|
|SMRTMUGG Heated Coffee Mug||Best for everyday use||3.4||Check price|
The Ember brand is practically synonymous with the smart mug, which it claims is a world first. This is the best travel mug with temperature control on this list. While other mugs use internment or direct heat, Ember uses a combination of sensors and microprocessors to make sure a proper temperature is maintained.
This 14-ounce self-heated smart mug remains coffee at 120 to 145 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 90 minutes on a whole charge or all day on the charging coaster. You can control it remotely with the Ember 2 app, which unexpectedly needs many app permissions. Thankfully, you can operate it with or without the app, and it will remember your last used temperature setting. It is best used in settings without flies or crawling insects.
The Ember 2 Smart Coffee Mug automatically enters sleep mode after two hours of being empty or inactive and wakes up after sensing movement or liquid. It also has programmable intelligent LED light indicators. Rated IPX7, the Ember 2 Heated Coffee Mug is double void reserved, submersible up to one meter, and hand washable. It is backed by a 30-day return period and a one-year limited warranty when buying from the producer’s Amazon store.
- Brand: Ember
- Material: Other
- Color: Black
- Capacity: 14 Fluid Ounces
- Special Feature: Scratch Resistant, Programmable
- Temperature Range: 120°F – 145°F (50°C – 62.5°C)
- Time Kept Warm: 1.5 hours
- Size: 10 oz.
- Battery life: Up to 1.5 hours
- Ember Smart Mug lets you control your smartphone. Pair with the Ember app to set your temperature, customize presets, accept notifications, and more.
- The Ember Mug works without connecting to the app and will remember the last used temperature. Out of the box, the Ember mug is set at 135°F.
- The extended battery life of your temperature control mug keeps your drink perfectly hot for up to 80 minutes on a full charge or on the newly designed charging coaster. Select the exact temperature of your choice (between 120°F – 145°F).
- The ember-heated mug intelligently senses when to turn it on and off. The mug enters sleep mode when vacant or after 2 hours of inertia. Ember wakes up when it senses movement or fluid.
- An updated scratch-resistant coating is hand-wash safe. The Ember Mug 2 is IPX7-rated and fully submersible up to 1 meter deep.
- App or manually operated.
- The lid has a 360-degree opening that lets you drink from any direction.
- Smart sleep/wake mode.
- Easy to keep, handle and wash.
- 30-day returns and one-year limited warranty.
- No LCD display unit.
- Battery life can be improved.
- App user experience could be better.
Thanks to an effective warming plate and a simple lid, the Cosori kept coffee the warmest in our test. This mug warmer has several features that offer more customization than some other heating plates. Not only does it bounce a smooth look with its brushed stainless steel finish, but it also has touch controls, an LED temperature display and a water-resistant plate. Temperature settings are precise to single degrees and have a wide range of 77 to 158 degrees. With 24 watts, this is one of the strong mug heaters out there.
As a bonus, the Cosori comes with a large (17-ounce) stainless steel mug with a cool-touch handle and silicone slip-resistant sleeve that matches the look of the base. Of course, it fits perfectly on the warming plate, although you can also use your own ceramic, glass or metal mug. The Cosori is thoroughly massive, with a bold brushed-stainless look that will stand out on any countertop.
We found the mug to be more useful when dialing the temperature on the plate. We noticed that the plate worked well even on the hottest setting with a flat-bottomed ceramic mug.
- Brand: COSORI
- Color: Silver/Black
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 4.2 x 5.3 x 0.7 inches
- Cord Length: 61 inches
- Power: 24 watts
- Capacity: 17 ounces
- Temperature range: 77℉ to 230℉ (25℃ to 110℃) for contents of the mug to reach 77℉ to 158℉ (25℃ to 70℃)
- Stainless steel retains heat more effectively than other mugs, making it the perfect pairing for warming coffee.
- All temperature readings are proper to within 1 degree. You can easily switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Enjoy the probable performance with the stainless steel coffee warmer with one-touch control, waterproof design and a PI film heating element. Compatible with AC 100–240V, 50–60Hz outlets.
- Furnished with a high-tech PI film hot component, the spill-proof design avoids loss and makes cleaning a breeze.
- Made from 304 food-grade stainless steel, the 17-ounce mug has a heat-resistant handle and rubber sleeve to protect your hands.
- Keep your coffee, tea, milk or cocoa hot with the stainless steel coffee maker.
- Sleek and portable, this coffee warmer is the perfect gift for someone who loves a cup of coffee or tea at home or in the office.
- Adjustable temperature.
- Comes with a coffee mug.
- Easy to use.
- Displays the exact temperature.
- Coffee was kept warmest in our tests.
- Can use a warming plate with other mugs.
- Large and conspicuous.
- Stainless steel mug can get too hot.
The best-heated coffee mug for home or office use is the VSITOO S3 Pro Smart Mug with Lid. Unlike the Ember 2, it’s 12 ounces but larger with a lid to obstruct drops and provide internment. The VSITOO S3 Pro is also self-healing and has a wide temperature margin of 96 to 149 degrees Fahrenheit with three temperature presets. It uses a USB Type C cable and a 2,500mAh battery that can last a few hours all day on a full charge or on the charging dock.
We’re also big fans of the LED indicator on the side of the mug, which gives you the real-time look at the present temperature as well as battery life. This mug can keep drinks hot for up to 4 hours. It’s IPX7-rated and hands washable, although the plastic lid and base can be a little difficult to clean. It enters standby mode in the absence of liquid.
Users like the mug for its affordability and easy-to-use buttons, though say the interior design of the cup makes it difficult to clean. Overall, it has a lot in common with Ember 2. If you want something like the Ember 2, you should definitely consider the VSITOO S3 Pro for cheaper.
- Brand: Vsitoo
- Color: Black
- Material: Double-Layer Vacuum Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: LxWxH3.5 x 3.5 x 4.6 inches
- Weight: 0.63 Kilograms
- Temperature Range: 95° to 149℉
- Capacity: 14 ounces
- Auto Sleep: Yes
- Battery-Operated: Yes
- This self-heated smart mug has two temperature control methods for you to choose from. You can adjust the temperature directly with the smart travel coffee mug’s touch button and the VSITOO app on your phone.
- Temperature range is 96℉-149℉. The optimum drinking temperature for coffee is 131℉- 145°F in summer and 140℉- 149℉ in winter. You can customize the temperature according to your needs anytime, anywhere.
- The heated coffee mug body is made of double-layer vacuum stainless steel and adopts advanced food-grade ceramic acrylic paint technology inside. Double vacuum insulation makes it possible to keep your drinks hot.
- The intelligent heating system lets you drink good coffee or tea each morning. The IPX7 waterproof rating allows you to clean the smart mug more safely. The included BPA-free sliding lid brings you more convenience.
- The LED temperature light bar indicates the heating process, and the touch button aperture shows the current beverage temperature and battery power.
- This Smart Coffee Thermos Mug Powered by a 2500Ah high-capacity polymer lithium battery, the VSITOO S3 Pro Smart Mug can last 4-8 hours on a single full charge – or all day on the charging coaster, which keeps your coffee at the perfect temperature from the last drop to the first sip.
- The Smart Coffee Mug is designed to keep your hot drinks warm. Cold coffee takes a long time to heat up. And, pouring a hot beverage inside the mug will extend and maximize the battery life of the coffee cup.
- An updated double-layer vacuum stainless steel coating is safe for hand washing. The S3 PRO is IPX7-rated and you can easily wash your heating cup.
- More affordable than similar battery-powered mugs.
- Includes charging coaster.
- The power is great for its price.
- Self-heats from 96 to 149 degrees.
- Leak-proof lid.
- Have a moving sense.
- Easy to keep and portable.
- Battery life is less than advertised.
- Lid and base are slightly difficult to clean.
- Apps can be improved.
The East Mount Heated Coffee Mug is simply the best for travelling and camping. This 13-ounce smart mug reaches 86 to 194 degrees Fahrenheit, the widest in our selection and best for camping weather. Its leak proof lid keeps your coffee in and out while you explore the jungle or set up a tent. It can also fit inside your backpack when you go hiking. There’s also a massive 14,400mAh battery that doubles as a power bank as well as lets you brew and heat multiple cups of coffee, so your phones and tablets never run out of power.
When travelling, it can easily fit in your car cup holder or your in-flight cup holder. It can also be suitable in the palm of your hand for one-handed operation, letting you multitask. It has a touch-sensitive button for manual operation and an LCD display for monitoring temperature and battery percentage. Its double vacuum internment is built of 304 stainless steel and food-grade 316 stainless steel. It’s simple to clean and would make an excellent gift item for an adventurous coffee lover.
- Brand: EAST MOUNT
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Color: Blue
- Capacity: 13 Ounces
- Style: Modern
- Temperature Range: 86°F – 194°F
- Temperature Adjustment: On mug
- Size: 13 oz.
- Smart Thermos can be set from 86 °F to 194 °F, the best self-heating coffee cup will be maintained after reaching the temperature you set, no need to reheat it, you can taste it every moment.
- The body of the car coffee heater is made of “Tritan” material developed for advanced baby bottles. It accepts medical grade 304 stainless steel, with leading inside pull-up technology, and no weld layer and welding slag inside.
- High capacity is 13OZ, and a car heating cup is very suitable for cooking, egg cooking, gift, work, school, travel and camping.
- A “+” or “-” button is used to set the temperature on the car heating cup, the LCD displays the temperature, there are two colours in different states, red indicates heating mode, and blue indicates heating is complete. When the blue colour appears, you can taste it and enjoy drinking coffee or tea from the first sip to the last drop. It takes about 15 minutes for the coffee to heat from its normal temperature to 149 degrees Fahrenheit.
- This is a new type of coffee warmer thermos. It can be taken out from the 304 stainless steel cup and washed with running water. After drying, it can be installed again. It is the external circuit chip that touches the water and is safe to use. When the amount of water is too small or the cup is tilted, the smart coffee cup will automatically shut off. The coffee mug is quiet and makes no noise when heated.
- Great for outdoors.
- Self-heating from 86 to 194 degrees.
- The massive 14, 400mAh battery lasts long and acts as a power bank.
- Leak-proof lid.
- Fits in the palm and backpack and can be strapped to the bike.
- The battery takes up many spaces.
- Long time to fully charge.
- Small 10 OZ capacity.
The SMRTMUGG heated coffee mug can come at a temperature of 140 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s packed with a large 14,400mAh battery that can keep your coffee warm for up to 10 hours on a full charge, or well when plugged in. However, it may take a long time to charge to full capacity. Meanwhile, at just 10 ounces, the SMRTMUGG Heated Coffee Mug can only hold so much brew.
Plus, its leak-proof, lockable lid and easy fit in most car cup holders make it perfect for travel. Fill your mug and go for a hike, a drive, or just sit outside; Your drink will stay hot, or you can keep it cold and heat it as desired with the LED temp adjustment screen.
Great for home, office or any use, SMRTMUGG fits easily in the palm of your hand or in your car’s cup holder. While it doesn’t come with a charging coaster, it doubles as a power bank to charge your phone, tablet or laptop on the go. It is double vacuum insulated to preserve heat and unlock your favourite mocha’s full flavour and aroma. In case of problems, SMRTMUGG is eligible for a 30-day return, refund or replacement.
- Brand: SMRTMUGG
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Color: Black
- Capacity: 10 Ounces
- Style: Modern
- Temperature Range: Up to 150°F (65.5°C)
- Temperature Adjustment: On mug
- Time Kept Warm: 10 hours
- Size: 10 oz.
- Double wall, vacuum insulated travel mug. Great for tea, or instant coffee. Just bring SmrtMugg when you travel or hike. It is the perfect product for making tea or coffee on the go. While travelling, it is also precious for heating water or milk.
- The 14,400 mAh battery will keep your coffee at the perfect temperature with a 10-hour battery life.
- Heating cold water in less than 10 minutes.
- You can use the SmartMugg as an external power supply to charge your phone, tablet or computer on the go. Smrtmugg has such a large battery built-in that there is no need to bring an extra battery.
- Great for everyday use.
- Huge battery, long-lasting, power bank.
- Leak Proof lid.
- Self-heating with a decent temperature range.
- Keeping coffee warm in a lab test.
- Long charge time.
- Small capacity.
- Battery takes up a lot of space.
9 Things to keep in mind when choosing the best-heated travel mug
We considered the following factors when choosing our best picks for the best travel mugs with temperature control. Before buying you should do the same:
Coffee is best passed between 120 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit. We have chosen heated coffee mugs with temperatures ranging from 85 to 185 degrees Fahrenheit. This list lets you choose your preferred temperature for your coffee.
Warmth is the main thing you need to consider along with size to accommodate your favourite mug. It’s just a matter of comparing the size of the heating area with the size of the vessel you plan to use it on. But you should also consider the size of the entire unit; Mug warmers usually don’t take up much more space than the mug they heat, but some hobbyist models are a bit larger.
In addition to simply warming the contents of a mug, many warmers offer multiple temperature settings to extend their functionality and help guarantee safety with an auto-off switch that turns off the heating element when there is no mug in the base or after a long period of time. There are cordless warmers that only need to be plugged in to charge and fancy units that you can control via phone apps.
If you have an eye for style, you’ll probably want to consider how this piece will look with the rest of your decor while sitting at a desk or counter for hours. Some mug warmers offer many options for colours and patterns to match the decor, while others are designed to be compact and nearly invisible.
For heating plates that come with a mug and for self-heating styles then control the capacity of the mug. The massive mug capacities we tested were 17 ounces for a heating plate and 14 ounces for a self-heating smart mug. If you know you need a large cup in the morning, you might want to be able to use your personal mug.
Heated travel mugs generally come with a charging coaster or a USB-C cable. Some have built-in batteries, and some can charge your phone or tablet. Our selection ticks all these boxes.
We’ve found that whether you choose a warming plate or a self-heating style, a lid goes a long way. This helps trap heat from the start, which helps even weak mug warmers. It also keeps the liquid from evaporating, which can further intensify the coffee’s flavour over time.
Heated coffee mugs are usually more costly than regular mugs and should hence provide value for money. Most items in this roundup are suitable for returns and a manufacturer’s warranty.
Our selection includes budget-friendly and premium heated coffee mugs so you can continue to enjoy your favourite coffee regardless of your budget. However, like all other things, you get what you pay for.
Our Top Pick
The Ember Temperature Control Smart Mug 2 is our pick for the best overall heated travel mug for its extended battery life of temperature control mug that keeps your drink perfectly hot. Moreover, it is easy to keep, handle and wash, with 30-day returns and a one-year limited warranty.
- Do heated mugs actually work?
Ans: In a word, yes. Many wills, in fact, keep your coffee hot – some will even do so for hours. Overall, in our tests, self-heating smart mugs performed excellent on heating plates, but a lot of that also came down to whether or not the mug had a lid. Those who prefer a piping hot cup and reheat their coffee may appreciate the more hands-off solution of a heated mug.
The caveat we learned was that the taste of coffee can change if it is kept at hot temperatures for long periods of time – this was true across the board, regardless of the mug style used. Each cup tasted more bitter or more acidic as it continued to “cook,” but we found that for a short period of time, the hot mug kept the coffee hot, and that warm coffee tasted better than cold coffee.
- Are coffee mug warmers worth it?
If you’re serious about your coffee, the answer is yes. If you tend to drink your coffee for hours, get distracted easily, and/or have a habit of microwaving it to heat it up, a warmer is a great solution. Coffee warmers keep the temperature consistently hot as well as keep the coffee tasting fresh. Furthermore, they come in several price points, which can help you find the right one for your budget. Coffee mug warmers are a great gift for the serious coffee lover in your life.
- Do mug warmers work with any mug?
Many will work with ceramic, glass or metal mugs, but some of the brands we’ve profiled here come with their own specially designed proprietary mugs. Just be sure to check the product manual to confirm which materials it supports.
- What else can you do with a mug heater?
In addition to keeping the coffee warm, a mug warmer can melt candles and give the room a nice scent without an open flame. Choose a candle in an appropriately sized glass or ceramic container that is safe to use with your warmer, and that’s it.
- Are mug warmers a fire hazard?
Many of these warmers have an automatic shut-off feature and/or the ability to set the coffee to a specific temperature. Exercise ordinary sense and don’t leave the item lonely for long periods of time and clearly don’t leave it plugged in if you have to leave the house. If you’re worried about the risk of fire, buy one that shuts off automatically.
Heated travel mugs are a must-have for real coffee lovers together with those who love coffee jokes but never joke about their coffee. These smart coffee mugs keep your cappuccino hot all day long so you can enjoy your favorite brew from the first sip to the last drop.
If you take your cup of coffee seriously, you should carefully think about getting one of these heated coffee mugs. By now, you probably know the best-heated coffee mugs to buy.
If you’re looking for an affordable and reliable way to keep your coffee hot, you can’t go wrong with the VSITOO S3 Pro Smart Mug with Lid, which has an automatic shutoff and multiple temperature settings. For easy, effective warming on a small budget, go for Coffee Mug Warmers & Mug Sets.
Finally, we hope that you are satisfied to read this article because you found our best-heated travel mugs which keep your drinks warm.
You Might Also Like