Are you worried about your shoe dryer and how to choose a shoe dryer of many sizes this winter? Don’t worry. There are different sizes of shoe and boot dryers in the market that keep your footwear warm and dry and choosing the best product can be quite difficult for you.
Keeping your shoes dry is no easy matter. You don’t want to put them in a traditional dryer. They will bang around and make a lot of horrible noises. On top of that, your typical washer and dryer unit isn’t built to handle this kind of work. All you need is a special shoe dryer that can work safely.
The shoe dryers on this list have been specially tested, tested and selected by us. This is the model that we think is the best in their class. These are not only the best-selling units but also got the best reviews from industry experts.
In this article, you will find a guide on how to select the best shoe and boot dryer for many sizes of shoes. The best ones also take care of odors and stains. But finding a good one for XL sizes, jobs and heavy-duty boots is especially difficult.
Top 5 Shoe and Boot Dryers for 2023 With Reviews and Buying Guides
Dry your shoes speedily with our list of the best shoe dryers. These shoe dryers can dry your shoes by blowing hot air into them. If you live in an area that gets wet and cold during the winter or monsoon, an electronic device can be quite useful.
With a little knowledge of the features to look for in the best boot dryers, you’re ready to check out what the market has to offer. Below is a list of some of the best shoe dryers. You can compare these models against each other keeping in mind the most important considerations to ensure you choose the best boot dryer for your needs.
|Best shoe dryer||Best for||Ratings(Out of 5)||Price|
|PEET Original 2-Shoe Electric Shoe and Boot Dryer||Best for overall||4.7||Check price|
|DryGuy Forced DX Air Boot Dryer and Garment Dryer||Best for large capacity||4.7||Check price|
|KOODER Boot Dryer, Shoe Dryer, Foot Dryer||Best for portable||4.2||Check price|
|JobSite Original – Shoe and Boot Dryer||Best for efficient||4.5||Check price|
|OdorStop Boot and Shoe Dryer and Deodorizer||Best for ventilation||4.5||Check price|
If you’re buying a high-quality boot dryer that will get the job done fastly, check out the Original 2-Shoe Electric Shoe and Boot Dryer from PEET. This dual-vertical tube boot dryer uses convection to circulate dry, warm air inside your boots. It comes with a set of extension tubes, allowing you to dry a tall pair of boots efficiently.
This silent shoe dryer acts as a warmer and is suitable for shoes made from a variety of materials. It dries completely from inside the shoe and consumes minimum electricity.
The original is a convection-style electric boot dryer, so it slightly heats the air from the room, allowing it to rise through the tube and into the boot. It can dry boots quietly in three to eight hours and removes mould and mildew to help prevent odors.
One of the best aspects of this electric boot dryer is that it is safe to use on most types of materials including leather, fleece, canvas, rubber and synthetic materials. The unit can be easily assembled without tools and has a secure, strong base to support most types of shoes and boots.
- Brand: Peet Dryer
- Model: M97-FSB
- Weight: 4.86 Pounds
- Type: Convection/forced hot air
- Material: Fiberglass
- Shoe Capacity: 1 pair
- Heat Settings: 1
- Drying Time: 12 hours
- Color: Black
- The Original 2-Shoe Dryer works noiselessly by mildly heating the air that rises and dries footwear; No loud fan blowing heat air.
- Drying time depends on component and saturation level; We prefer leaving the shoes in the dryer overnight for best results.
- Leave it plugged in 24/7; The Original 2-Shoe Dryer uses less electricity than a low-wattage household light bulb and costs only pennies a day.
- Secure to use on leather, rubber, neoprene, vinyl, canvas, synthetics, fleece, microfiber and more.
- This product is designed to last and we are confident that your PEET dryer will exceed expectations for years; Register within 10 days of purchase to take advantage.
- Suitable with leather, rubber, vinyl, neoprene, canvas, synthetics, fleece, felt and microfiber.
- Extension tube included for boot.
- Consumes very little energy.
- Silent operation volume.
- Compact size.
- Easy to assemble.
- Strong and secure foundation.
- Gentle and safe to use in most shoe materials.
- Suitable for all shoe materials.
- 25-year warranty.
- Some users report longer drying times.
- Some may not be suitable for particular shoe styles.
If you’re looking for a high-quality boot dryer that works quickly and efficiently, be sure to check out the DryGuy Forced DX Air Boot Dryer and Garment Dryer. This high-capacity boot and glove dryer uses forced air to dry up to 4 separate items of clothing or two pairs of shoes at the same time. It has two removable extension tubes ideal for drying tall boots.
This versatile little heated shoe dryer is also extremely quiet. The central rotary fan works silently and circulates air to all parts of your shoes and airflow for quick drying. It is strong enough to dry most items in 2 hours without any shrinkage, creasing or damage. This dryer has the ability to heat up to 40.5° C/105°F which is hot enough for use on shoes, boots, liners, gloves and hats, without getting too hot to damage your gear. It can help eliminate odors as well as inhibit the growth of mould and bacteria.
Designed for year-round use, the DryGay Forced DX Air Dryer is perfect for drying your work boots from snow, rain-soaked hiking shoes, sweaty sports cleats and equipment, and even swimwear. This is because it uses gentle forced air which will not damage some of the more delicate materials but will dry soaked boots rather quickly and very evenly. It is easily one of the best boot dryers on the market.
- Brand: DRYGUY
- Form Factor: Top Load
- Model Name: 2129
- Type: Convection/forced air
- Weight: 5 Pounds
- Shoe Capacity: 2 pairs
- Heat Settings: Heated or non-heated
- Drying Time: 2 hours
- Capacity: 3 Kilograms
- Material: Synthetic
- 100% other fibres.
- Made in or imported into the USA.
- The dryer works on four clothes simultaneously; Boots, gloves, helmets, hats and more. rotary blower with a 3-hour timer; Heating to 105°F/40.5°C will not damage any liners or garments.
- Wet, damp footwear is a breeding ground for unwanted odors.
- Maximum items dry in 1 to 2 hours.
- Two removable extension tubes for use with boots up to 16 inches long; Heat or no-heat switch.
- Dry 4 items at the same time. 12 inches deep x 7.5 inches high x 15 inches wide; 6-foot power cord; 1 year warranty.
- Energy-skilled and safe thanks to the timer and on/off switch.
- Dries 4 separate garments (or 2 pairs).
- Removable extension tube for drying tall boots.
- Quiet running rotary blower.
- Most items dry in less than two hours.
- 16-inch extension tube for tall boots.
- Center-mounted fan and heating coil.
- There is no cover for tubes that are not in use so hot air is lost.
- Poor airflow.
If you prefer a more direct heat source to dry your damp shoes and boots, check out the KOODER Boot Dryer, Shoe Dryer, Foot Dryer. This electric positive temperature coefficient boot dryer slips inside your shoes, generating 360 degrees of radiant heat, drying your boots while you sleep.
The KOODER shoe dryer helps your wet boots or shoes retain their shape as they dry, as it has a length adjustment that allows the pair of dryers to fill an entire shoe or ski boot. Heat also helps reduce odor and bacteria, leaving your work boots or hiking boots smelling a little fresher than they otherwise would.
Happy customers note that it’s especially great on the go, like ski trips and soccer tournaments.
- Brand Name: KOODER
- Type: Positive temperature coefficient dryer
- Shoe Capacity: 1 pair
- Heat Settings: 1
- Drying Time: 1-3 hours
- Weight: 10 Ounces
- Color: White
- Function; Drying, deodorizing and sanitizing shoes. Protect your shoes from moisture. Your feet have never felt very cosy before.
- It can withstand 20 kg pulling force to prevent disconnection during use.
- Smooth finish touch, high temperature resistant and compact to ensure the cabinet is not easily broken.
- 360-degree all-around heat. Vertical and horizontal air holes in the cabinet to make sure an even distribution of warmth.
- PTC heat generator, long-lasting high temperature. Precise temperature control, to prevent overheating.
- 360-degree drying.
- Shoes help them retain their shape.
- Length adjustment included.
- Affordable price points.
- The surfaces are protected with heat-resistant properties.
- The presence of blow holes allows consistent drying.
- Very damp shoes may take a long time to dry.
- Includes only 1 heat setting.
The Jobsite Original Shoe Boot Dryer is a very essential family budget unit. It comes with an extensive variety of dry-time settings. These include a 30-minute dry time warm-up, an 8-hour damp setting and a wet setting designed to dry overnight.
It dries the shoes and warms them to make them comfortable to wear in winter. It dries, removes excess moisture and helps get rid of bad odors and mold. It comes with a full warranty of quality direct from the manufacturer.
In many ways, this is the easiest item on the current list. It has been designed by industry experts to work very quickly, quietly and safely. Since it has no motors or other moving parts, it runs so quietly that you won’t even realize the unit is working. However, it is designed to run incessantly.
- Brand: JobSite
- Model: 386209126
- Item Weight: 3 lbs
- Type: Shoe and Boot Warmer
- Shoe Capacity: 1 pair
- Features: Water Resistant
- Drying Time: 30 mins
- Color: Black
- Made in or imported into the USA.
- Designed to dry your wet boots, shoes, gloves or clothing safely overnight in warm thermal air that expands naturally without over-drying or shrinking.
- Rearing your shoes and boots dry is key to keeping them odor free. Heat-up during drying (30 minutes); Damp (8 hours); Wet (overnight).
- Safe, secure, quiet, simple, no motors or moving parts, so quiet you might think it’s not really working.
- The sturdy base allows you to use this dryer safely without over-drying winter boots, work boots, rain boots, tennis shoes, ski boot liners, gloves, hats and accessories.
- A 2-year warranty is included.
- Extremely quiet and efficient.
- Works efficiently and safely but is best used in an overnight setting.
- There are no moving parts that could overheat or become a fire hazard.
- Most used for small and medium-sized shoes and boots.
- Designed to naturally contain and destroy odor-causing bacteria.
- The product comes with a two-year warranty.
- Features extensions, which are sold separately.
Most boot dryers claim to remove odors from drying shoes and boots. While almost all of them excel in the former, very few of them are really impressive in the latter. It is not unusual to dry boots, shoes or gloves in any boot and shoe dryer to find that even though they are dry they are not completely free of odors or even bacteria.
You don’t have to worry about this with OdorStop’s boot and shoe dryer. It has a feature that is guaranteed to remove odors, bacteria and even mold that very few boot and shoe dryers have. This feature has an ozone function placed right next to its thermostat.
You’ll appreciate this feature a lot if you know your boots, shoes or gloves have been exposed to materials that can grow bacteria or fungus. It doesn’t take forever for things to dry. Expect to wait no more than an hour for your items to dry when using OdorStop’s boot and shoe dryer.
What you might not like about OdorStop’s boot and shoe dryer is that it only has two drying stations. If you are looking for the best boot and shoe dryer that can dry multiple shoes, boots or gloves, you need to look elsewhere.
- Brand: OdorStop
- Model: OSOBSDD
- Weight: 7.55 Pounds
- Dimensions: 13 x 11 x 12 inches
- Is Stain Resistant: No
- Color: Black
- Removes all foot odors permanently.
- High-output fan that mildly dries your boots and gloves.
- 3-hour countdown timer with automatic shut-off.
- Heater On/Off Switch, Deodorizer On/Off Switch.
- Neutralizes and deodorizes shoe odors.
- Can be used in multiple ways.
- 3-year warranty.
- Easy setup and use, adjustable tube configuration to fit all footwear and gloves.
- Includes 8 ventilation tubes, 4 boot brackets, 2 air outlet caps and a user guide.
- Removes odor by drying shoes and boots.
- Automatically shuts off after 3 hours.
- Low noise output.
- Regular tube configuration works for most footwear, gloves and gear.
- Consists of high power output technology.
- Acts as a dehumidifier for shoes.
- A slight odor may be detected during operation.
- The timer is only 3 hours so you may need to run it twice to soak wet boots.
6 Things to keep in mind when buying the best shoe dryer
If you have decided that you are ready to invest in an electric shoe dryer so that you can enjoy the benefits of having warm and dry shoes comfortably and comfortably, you need to know what factors you should keep in mind before making the final decision which is the best model for your needs. . Here are some things to keep in mind before you make your buying:
- Heat levels:
Not all shoe and boot dryers are capable of achieving the same temperature and it is important to see what temperature the unit you are targeting is capable of reaching. Some models have regular temperature styles, making them much more versatile and securer for use with particular footwear elements. Some models only use low heat and although they take longer to thoroughly dry your shoes and ski boots, they are often safer than models that generate higher heat. This may be something you want to consider when selecting the right electric boot dryer for your needs.
Some boot dryers have a pair of air outlets for each leg. Others can dry multiple couples of shoes, as well as gloves, mittens, hats and other items. If you’re choosing for a family, consider how numerous shoes may need to be dried at once.
Depending on your needs, you can choose a model that is capable of drying several items at the same time, including damp boots, gloves, helmets and other gear. This is especially important for families with many members who all have boots or shoes that need to be dried outside one day. Some boot dryers are larger and have additional tubes that enable drying up to four separate garments or two pairs of boots at once, saving time and energy.
- Drip tray/reservoir:
Whenever possible, it’s best to choose a model with its own drip tray as it’s especially useful for drying wet shoes and boots. Not only does this protect your floors and surfaces from water damage, but it also prevents water from pooling around the unit which can be dangerous to passersby while it dries. Of course, if your shoes don’t normally get wet but rather damp, this feature isn’t necessary.
- Dry time:
If you want to dry your shoes and boots as quickly as possible, check the drying time for your chosen model of boot dryer. Some units are able to dry clothes within an hour while others take overnight to ensure your shoes are completely dry. If time is of the essence, choose a shoe and glove dryer that dries quickly and efficiently. If the safe drying and stability of your boots are your No. 1 concern and you don’t mind waiting longer for your boots to dry fully, we recommend getting a boot dryer that dries gradually and mildly, usually overnight.
- Features and accessories:
Few dryers come with extra features and accessories, such as auto-off timers or hose spreads. Others control temperature or airflow. Some come with additional ingredients like UV light to help kill germs. All are nice but not essential to do the basic job of drying your boots.
Overall, if you are looking for a quick and easy way to dry and prepare your shoes, boots, gloves and other gear, a boot and shoe dryer is the perfect solution for you. Save time waiting for your shoes to dry naturally and help protect the investment you’ve made in your shoes, boot dryers are an affordable way to ensure your shoes stay in good condition and last longer.
Our Top Pick
The PEET Original 2-Shoe Electric Shoe and Boot Dryer and Warmer is our top pick for the best overall shoe dryer to keep your shoes dry and clean this winter.
The PEET Original 2 is the easiest, most reliable, and most hands-off dryer we’ve ever found. You pop your boots into dry ports at the end of the day and forget about them until they’re ready. It doesn’t use a lot of electricity, so you don’t have to worry about unplugging it when it’s done, and it’s completely silent.
- What is a boot dryer?
A boot dryer is designed to remove sweat and other wet or unwanted substances from footwear or gloves. They do this by distributing heat inside boots, shoes or gloves. Some of them have disinfecting and deodorizing properties, and some of them don’t. Some of them can dry different pairs and some of them cannot.
- How do you use a shoe and boot dryer?
Most boot dryers use electricity to heat the air inside the boot. Just plug in the dryer and insert the shoe into the pipe. If it’s a positive temperature coefficient model, plug it in and slip the warmers into your shoe. The boot dryer does the rest.
- How long do shoe dryers take to dry shoes?
This depends on many elements, including how wet the boot is and the type of dryer you purchase. In general, the best boot dryer can dry a soaked boot in eight hours.
- Do boot dryers kill bacteria?
Yes, by creating a warm, dry environment, boot dryers help reduce the number of bacteria inside boots.
- Can a boot dryer catch on fire?
Any electrical appliance can catch fire, but the best boot dryers have built-in temperature controls that don’t allow the dryer to exceed a certain temperature (usually around 105 degrees Fahrenheit).
- How do you maintain a boot dryer?
Boot dryers do not require much maintenance. Simply wipe the surfaces with a household cleaning wipe, and if your machine has a fan or air intake, vacuum it to make sure it’s running as efficiently as possible.
- Is a boot dryer worth it?
Yes, the shoe and boot dryer is worth it. Such a device will be needed in winter if your shoes are constantly wet. Also, those who play sports will need a dryer and dry their ski boots or skates.
- Are shoe dryers bad for the shoe?
No, these dryers are shoe friendly and suitable for all types of shoes. It uses minimal heat to dry shoes and eliminates bacteria, mold and odor.
All shoe and boot dryers with heat and air on this list have been verified for quality. They are chosen for their high value in terms of safety, efficiency and cost-effectiveness. Some of the models on this list may be a bit pricey for buyers on a tight budget. However, they represent the state of the art and are worth the investment.
Choosing the best boot dryer for your intended use can be complicated with so many options. One of the best options is the Convection PEET Original 2-Shoe Electric Shoe and Boot Dryer because it can dry a pair of shoes overnight and works on leather, rubber, vinyl, neoprene, canvas, synthetics, fleece, felt and microfiber elements. Alternatively, the Jobsite Original Boot Dryer takes just 10+ hours to dry shoes, gloves, hats and ice skates. Plus, this model has a quite operation volume.
You Might Also Like