If you’re looking for an honest, comprehensive waterproof car cover, you’re in the right place. Today I will examine the best car covers you can buy to protect your car. I’ll also give you some interesting facts and key features, pros, and cons that you might find helpful, and try to answer any questions you may have to make an educated buying decision.
Windproof, water-resistant, and UV-resistant car covers can protect your paint job. This helps preserve your vehicle’s appearance and resale value. But the best car cover will vary depending on the size of your car, the local weather and whether you keep your car indoors or outdoors.
Parking your car in the open or street can attract dust and damage its exterior. So, we’ve compiled a list of the best outdoor car covers to help you out. A car cover protects the outer layer by preventing various elements such as stains, dust or bird droppings that affect the paint and design. These covers are also made of high-quality, durable, water-resistant materials that protect the car from rain or sunlight around the clock. They are compact, lightweight, and come in different designs to suit your needs. Browse through our catalogue to learn about the various products available.
Top 6 Waterproof Outdoor Car Covers For Your Ride
A car cover is a piece of material that slides off your car relatively easily and protects it from the weather, bird droppings, harmful UV rays, and wear and tear when you’re not driving.
There are many options, and generally, it is better to find the best waterproof car cover, as you will be sure it will protect against anything.
|Best Car Cover||Best for||Ratings (Out of 5)||Price|
|EzyShade 10-Layer Waterproof Car Cover||Best for overall||4.5||Check price|
|iCarCover 30-Layer Premium Car Cover||Best for universal outdoor||4.4||Check price|
|Budge Lite Car Cover||Best for value||4.3||Check price|
|Kayme 6 Layers Waterproof Car Cover||Best for all weather and a door zipper entry||4.3||Check price|
|OxGord Executive Storm-Proof Car Cover||Best for car cover for outdoor storage, rain and water||4.2||Check price|
|Favoto Hatchback Car Cover||Best for easy to store||4.4||Check price|
The EzyShade cover uses ten layers of material for extra durability and protection from rock chips or hail, the UV and weather protection you want, and a soft cotton lining. The second inner layer consists of an adhesive film to help the product maintain its shape for long-term use. The outer material is glace silver, with extremely visible orange thoughtful stripes.
This cover offers plenty of other options, including safety straps, mirror pockets, zipper door access and a storage bag. There is an additional grommet with layers for radio antenna pass-through, plus another for installing an optional padlock.
Sizes range from small coupes to large SUVs, and the manufacturer includes a handy size chart on the store page to help you find the right option for you. However, it did not reveal the exact dimensions for each size.
- EzyShade car covers are superior in design and quality. The cover’s heavy-duty 265 GSM material is machine-cut, multi-layered and bond-pressed for optimal weatherproofing, paint protection and improved durability.
- Every component is of the highest quality to ensure long-lasting protection in all weather conditions.
- Sizing is consistent and accurate, which means a good fit and good protection.
- Advanced multi-layering techniques ensure that your car cover materials are firmly bonded and will remain firmly bonded for years to come.
- The sturdiness of the cover and the soft cotton inner lining provides excellent scratch protection.
- Durable weather-proof materials and heavy-duty reinforced stitching combine with EzyShade’s custom-like fit guarantee to create a cover that is waterproof, windproof, snowproof, dustproof, 100% sun and UV protective and scratch resistant.
- Cheap buckles and straps are the weak points of most high-end car covers. EzyShade car cover has no weaknesses. Even in stormy winds, these buckles will stay locked and secure.
- Optimally positioned reflective fluorescent strips (front, side and rear) mean your covered vehicle will remain visible to traffic even when parked on or near the road.
- 10 layers of protection.
- Locking option.
- Side mirror pockets.
- Storage bag.
- Easy to install.
- Easy to maintain.
- Overall satisfaction.
- Vague sizing info.
A smooth fit and reliable craftsmanship make the iCarCover the best car cover for sophisticated owners. iCarCovers preserve the polished quality of your car, whether you want to extend its life for the next generation or increase resale value when it’s time to level up.
The waterproof 30-layer iCarCover provides all-weather and UV protection thanks to its identical fabric treatment. The bottom layer has a non-abrasive, thick, soft cotton lining that includes a paint-pampering layer strip, which resists scratches and scuffs. The three heavy-duty waterproof car cover nylon straps with buckles can take some fiddling, but once secured, it keeps the car covered even on the windiest of days.
Also suitable for interior use, iCarCover offers lengths from 155 inches to 235 inches to fit almost any vehicle, whether you’re protecting a coupe, convertible, sedan, SUV, wagon or pickup truck. The buying includes a zippered storage bag, two antenna patches, and an attractive seven-year warranty.
- iCarCover’s multi-layered car covers are made of scientifically developed fabrics. Premium materials and superior craftsmanship give our products top-quality long-lasting protection.
- UV protector and warm thoughtful layer prevent internal and external loss. Unlike plastic tarps, non-abrasive lightweight cotton dust proofs your auto.
- A heavy-duty strap keeps the cover in place, helping to protect your automobile model against wind and theft. Elastic hems are also used at the front and back ends.
- iCarCover’s ventilation protects your car from moisture. Air vents prevent mold, mildew and other corrosive elements from eating away at your car’s exterior.
- Made with a thick microfiber layer and fits perfectly in vehicles such as universal transport vehicles, station wagons, coupes, sedans, automatics, convertibles, sports cars, sports cabriolets and hatchbacks.
- Easy to use, easy to impose and take off.
- Comes with antenna patch, grommet and top-quality plastic zipper bag for compact storage. This automobile’s car covers come in sizes ranging from small, medium to large, XL and XXL.
- 30 protective layers.
- Easy to use.
- Seven-year warranty.
- The straps take some adjustment.
- Not for heavy hail.
Budget Lite is an affordable option for those who want to protect their car without spending hundreds of dollars. This car cover is lightweight and made of a single layer of spun-bond polypropylene. The indoor car cover is also breathable and features an elasticized hem and built-in grommets.
The elasticized hem guarantees that the car cover does not blow away in the wind and ensures a snug fit. Sewn grommets act as additional reinforcement against wind and using a cable to secure the cover with grommets can act as a theft deterrent. Seams are double-stitched to increase durability and non-corrosive materials ensure no damage to the vehicle’s paintwork.
For those who want to keep their paint showroom quality, you’ll want to at least splurge a little extra for an interior cotton layer. The cover is fixed to the car using a large elastic band around the bottom, with some integrated metal rings that can be used to fasten it more tightly.
- Buzz Light Car Cover Size 3 features durable single-layer polypropylene that protects against dust, paint, falling objects and moderate UV exposure. Double-stitched seams provide extra durability and our non-abrasive materials won’t scratch your car.
- The breathable material of this car cover improves airflow and reduces condensation while your car is covered.
- Vivid hem keeps your cover in place in stormy conditions. Sewn grommets keep your cover in place and discourage theft and vandalism.
- Using a cable to secure your cover using our sewn grommet also provides theft protection.
- This car cover measures 200″ L X 60″ W X 51″ H. Fits vehicles such as Ford Mustang, Chevrolet Corvette, Ford Thunderbird, Honda Civic, BMW 3 Series, and Volkswagen Jetta. To make sure the best fit, we recommend measuring your car. This is compared to our semi-custom sizes.
- This single-layer material is light and thin, making it easy to handle and store.
- Elastic and tie-down application.
- Eight sizes.
- Double-stitched seams.
- Sewn-in grommets.
- Lightweight car cover
- Multiple sizes for most body types.
- Breathable material with UV protection.
- Less-durable material.
- Single-layer fabric is not water-resistant.
Kayme is based in France and is a leading accessory specialist for the nuclear, automotive, and aerospace industries. One of their best-selling products is the 6-Layer Car Cover Waterproof All Weather Car Cover.
The six-layer Kayme All-Weather Car Cover is made of PEVA and aluminium film to protect the car’s paint. It has HDPE and a thick, soft cotton layer to ensure 100% water protection. This universal car cover is compatible with cars up to 177 inches in length and comes with a compact storage bag. Other features are similar to the Fevoto, including orange visibility markers, mirror pockets, a driver door zipper, and an elastic and strap combo. It is equipped with a side zipper for easy access to the driver’s door and an elastic band to keep it secure even in harsh weather conditions.
This car cover uses two shiny aluminium outer layers, which reflect both UV rays and heat away from the car. The bottom has a waterproof synthetic layer and three cotton layers for softness.
- Kayme 6-layer car cover is made of heavy-duty waterproof material. 1 PE&PEVA is 100% waterproof, great for rainproof and snowproofing. 2 High reflective aluminium is good sunproof and anti-UV, and keeps the car cool in summer.
- 3 Thick and soft cotton will protect the car painting. Kayme multi-layer material is much more frequent and more viable than other similar products.
- Elastic bands at the bottom of the front and back to better fit the car cover to your car model.
- 1 driver door zipper for easy access. 2 windproof straps at the front and back to fix your auto cover in heavy winds. 6 pcs reflective strips, remind other people at night. 4 mirror pockets make your car cover even better.
- Universal fit for sedans with a length of 186 to 193 inches. For Toyota Camry, Honda Accord/Civic, Nissan Altima/Maxima, Cadillac CT4, Kia K5/Optima/Stinger, Hyundai Sonata, Tesla Model 3, Ford Fusion, Audi A4/A5/A6, BMW 5/6 Series, Mercedes Suitable for Benz C-Class etc.
- No matter hot sun or cold weather. Kayme can handle all weather car covers. Strong material protects your vehicle from UV rays, sand, dust, leaves, branches, snow, rain, hail and bird droppings.
- Made of a bulky-duty component that makes it durable.
- A door on the left side of the cover comes with a zipper that provides easy access.
- Provides UV protection.
- Heat-resistant reflective surface.
- The multiplicity of sizes.
- Side mirror protection.
- Elastic band suitable for harsh weather conditions.
- May not suit extreme summers.
- May be prone to cracking.
One of the most expensive car covers you can buy, the OxGard Executive Storm Proof has been the subject of many outdoor car cover reviews for its high quality and promise to deliver what it promises.
If you’re searching for the conclusive heavy-duty, waterproof car cover, I figure out the OxGord Executive will leave you satisfied with your purchase. The OxGord Executive Storm-Proof Cover packs a powerful punch when protecting your vehicle from the demands of the great outdoors – especially weather conditions like rain and water. The cover has an amazing seven layers of material – five polypropylene, one micro-porous film and one cotton. However, all these layers don’t mean that the car cover sacrifices breathability, so you don’t have to worry about moisture getting trapped underneath.
While the Executive Storm-Proof Cover isn’t custom fit to your specific make and model of car, this breathable cover is available in a variety of sizes, so you can get a tight fit that won’t blow around as much in high winds as some universal. Car cover options. This quality car cover comes with a storage bag and a patch with a hole for your antenna if you have one.
Since the Executive Storm-Proof Cover is only $70, it’s an outdoor cover that offers a good deal of basic protection at a reasonable price.
- While some car covers are lightweight and leave you wondering how they can protect against adverse weather conditions; This cover leaves nothing to the imagination. The cover is thick, durable, and has an inner layer that is super soft.
- Dual outer shell with breathable, water-resistant properties that provide UV protection.
- Covering our test car with this car cover was relatively easy compared to other car covers we tested. You may need an extra set of hands, as the cover is heavier than the others we tested.
- Includes tie-down grommet for extra security against high winds – includes storage pouch and an antenna patch.
- Dimensions: Suitable for 204 inches – XL / more large cover / bag size 17.06″ L x 4.59″ W x 4.43″ H.
- Soft cotton prevents scratching your car’s finish.
- Seven layers.
- Reinforced seams.
- Great quality materials hold up over time.
- The fit is good, but the cover may run a bit on the large side.
- Relatively heavy.
Fevoto‘s all-season hatchback car cover is a universal fit and compatible with hatchbacks from 145 to 157 inches. This five-layer cover features high-grade, durable, waterproof fabric and a soft cotton lining to prevent scratches when installing the car cover. It has four adjustable tie-down straps to give it a snug fit, and reflective strips across the hood and side mirrors provide protection from bumps when parking at night.
Heavy-duty, five-layer material tests put up a strong defence against rain, ice and snow. After a deep freeze and a 5-degree morning, the hatchback cover was a bit stiff but held together when removed. Fevoto has given the cover a reflective strip on the front so you can see it in the dark mirror pocket.
This particular cover has a driver-side zipper seam for easy access to the cabin without removing the cover. There were tie-down straps at each corner of the cover, but they were only sewn-on straps and tied knots in near-zero-degree weather, leaving us longing for a quick release. The Favoto and AmazonBasics covers were very similar, but the buckle straps put the AmazonBasics cover on with a click.
- The Fevoto All-Season Full Car Cover is suitable for hatchbacks from 157 inches to 171 inches (4 to 4.35 m) in length. The package includes a storage bag; You can easily fold the cover and carry it in the trunk.
- On the driver’s side, the car cover has a zipper design for easy access. It is convenient for you to get in the car if it is already covered. Easy in and out without closing the cover. The upper also features night reflective stripes. This way, pedestrians can easily see the contours of your vehicle and avoid accidents.
- Built of premium quality 5-layer bulky-duty material, it is viable and waterproof. The cotton element inside prevents your car from getting sliced. Other covers made of PE and PEVA will tear easily.
- Fevoto car cover protects the car from all weather elements: dust, snow, industrial pollution, bird droppings, leaves, pollen, acid rain etc. When the wind blows, it can blow away twigs and small pebbles, even if it’s just a light breeze. All of these can harm your car.
- The elastic cord at the bottom of the cover will fit your car better and the 4 secure straps at the bottom keep your car in place even on windy days. The beautifully double-stitched craftsmanship makes the cover more durable in use.
- Driver-side zipper for easy access.
- The elasticated hem helps give a better fit.
- Double-seamed stitching for a durable fit.
- Storage bag for keeping in the car trunk.
- Hatchback contours for better fitment.
- Weatherproof fabric.
- The cover can be a little tight.
- May not be suitable for direct sunlight.
Types of Waterproof Car Cover
Now that I’ve covered the top products competing for the best waterproof car covers that you can find in stores, let me quickly go through some essential features that will help you pick the ideal one for your four-wheeler. I’ll start with the cover type since that’s one of the primary buying considerations. All waterproof car covers available in the market can be roughly divided into three main groups.
- Universal covers:
These waterproof car covers are not model-specific but are designed to fit a whole range of vehicles like hatchbacks, trucks etc. As a result, they don’t offer great protection from rainstorms and excess moisture But they are very cheap and do a pretty good job of protecting against dangerous UV rays.
- Semi-custom covers:
This type of waterproof car cover probably offers the best value for money of the three. They are more reliable in direct comparison to universal covers as they are designed to fit the common measurements of the most popular car models. So, for added value, you get a tighter fit and less room for water to creep in.
- Custom covers:
As the name suggests, these covers are tailored to specific car models. And as you can probably guess, this innovative approach to design means the cover will perfectly cover all vehicle surfaces with no breathing space. Of course, this novelty also comes at a price, so you’ll pay considerably more than the last two cover types. However, if you want top-level protection for your beloved four-wheeler, this is probably the only reasonable option you’ll find.
10 Things to keep in mind when buying the best waterproof car covers
There are several things you need to keep in mind while buying a car cover. The most important step is to decide what you expect from the car cover. For example, do you just want to protect the car from the elements, or do you want to protect it from potential dings and dents? Consider the following when shopping to make sure you buy the best waterproof car covers that meet your expectations.
- Fit and size:
There are many car covers from custom and semi-custom to general purpose. Choose a car cover made specifically for your car or a universal car cover.
- Elasticized Hems and Ties:
The presence of elastic and ties or straps to make sure a comfortable fit prevents the cover from falling off on winterly days. Adding grommets also helps deter criminals.
Outer car covers are designed to protect the car from harsh factors, so they are made from waterproof fabric or heavy-duty multi-layer materials to protect the car from dust, debris, snow and pollution. Choose car cover based on the weather in your area.
- Driver-side zipper:
A driver-side zipper allows easy access to the vehicle without removing the entire cover.
- Water resistant:
Be sure to include water resistance as an important factor before choosing a coating. They will help protect vehicles from heavy rains and flooding conditions.
In high-humidity areas, a breathable car cover is essential as it allows moisture to escape from the inside to keep the car dry and prevent mildew and mold.
- Storage bag:
The storage bag is convenient, so you can store it in the car trunk without taking up much space.
- Antenna patch:
If your vehicle has a shaft-type antenna on the fender, it is best to have an antenna patch to place over the hole.
- Reflective strips:
If you plan to park your car on the street at night, using reflective fluorescent strips is beneficial as they can prevent accidents and obstructions in the dark.
Consider the budget before buying, as the same price product is available in different varieties.
Our Top Pick
- How can I protect a car without a garage?
Covering the exterior of your vehicle with a quality car cover is the best way to protect it from the elements if you don’t have a garage or carport available. Waxing your car before putting it under a car cover will further protect it by adding an extra layer of UV and water repellency protection and removing debris that can scratch the finish.
- Are car covers good for the sun? Do they keep your car cool?
Car covers will help keep cars cool if you have no choice but to park in the sun. Look for an outdoor car cover that has a UV protective layer or is treated for UV protection.
- Do car covers need to be breathable?
A quality car cover will be made of breathable fabric to allow evaporation of moisture and molecular gases to escape. Covers that aren’t breathable can ruin the car’s finish. Although the fabric is breathable, it will prevent moisture and pollutants from entering from outside.
- Are breathable car covers waterproof?
Breathable covers are usually water-resistant, not waterproof. These covers repel most water while allowing air circulation to prevent condensation on the vehicle.
- Can I use an outdoor car cover indoors?
Yes, most outdoor car covers can be used indoors as well. Ensure both sides of the cover are totally clean and dry. Breathable fabric is essential. You don’t want the cover to trap fluid inside the car during indoor storage.
- Are car covers washable?
Most car covers can be washed by hand or in a washing machine. Since different fabrics will vary in their washing requirements and techniques, check the tag or cleaning instruction sheet that comes with your cover before washing.
- Can I use a car cover daily?
Yes. However, it is important to be aware that repeatedly dragging a cover over the paint increases the chance of scratching and you should proceed with caution.
- Do car covers get stolen?
Car covers can be stolen, although you can reduce the chances of theft if you lock your car cover. Some covers include a special grommet and cable to secure the cover from wind and against thieves.
The best waterproof car cover can increase the performance of your car as it helps in maintaining it regularly. It is the best protection against unforeseen accidents due to harsh weather conditions.
Finding the best waterproof car cover for your car and your needs has never been easier. That’s why I’ve decided to review the ones that have proven to be the best after my extensive research and testing, in the hope that I’ll make the whole thing easier for you.Of all the waterproof car covers I evaluated, the EzyShade 10-Layer Waterproof Car Cover is the best overall. It comes with a sleek design and more attractive features.
You Might Also Like